Jeep Prob's anyone

evecentral

I have a 1993 jeep wrangler with a recently installed used 4.0L motor. ran so nice for about a week. I soon relized I had Oil in my air filter box. Whats this Mean. about a week after the motor was installed It died all of a sudden after backfiring and quiting. I tested for spark and nothing was there. I soon found that what looked like my o2 sensor wireing harness was dangling and melted on my exhaust . Well, I have been running without a 02 sensor for quite some time and it ran fine. but now that the plug was melted in would run at all.i tried all four but it would short out. I touch 2 of the wires together and walla it started. But ran awful. and when ever it would die blue smoke would come flyin out of the throttle body. I think a may have a bad alternator or battery for the volatage indicator reads low. what could the problem be please help I need my beutiful ride back. The jeep ran perfect befor the plug melted... :-? [addsig]

for the oil in the filter... that is most likely your pcv (crank vent) system... what you'll want to do is remove your valve cover and clean it REALLY good inside there, making sure you get the vent ports really cleaned... then make sure the hoses can breathe easily.. if not, replace them or clean them well.... it seems that your pcv system is running in reverse, putting oil into the intake rather than taking air from it[addsig]

Thanks Man so when you say hoses you mean vacume hose comming to and from valve cover. Thanks again[addsig]

yeah... those are actually the pcv hoses, commonly mistaken for vacuum hoses... at times, they may be under slight vacuum, or even pressure... but for the most part, they should be at a neutral or zero pressure, which is ideal for inside the crank case[addsig]

He is right there are many jeeps with
that same problem...many good write
ups on how to fix it.......... :-D [addsig]

Back