Jeep Mods that you've regretted

Brown Dog mml... They were too rigid and my wife didn't like riding in the jeep anymore with them in. They don't absorb enough of the vibrations and the drone going on the road at 60 was unbearable...

Did you get the poly or the rubber bushings? I installed my Brown Dog MML and couldn't use the side mirrors because the vibrated so much. I investigated and found that they had shipped me the poly mounts instead of the rubber I had ordered. They replaced them for free and the new ones are much better. Not as smooth as stock, but better than poly.

Oh yeah. I also miss fuel injection. But if you find a TJ with a V8 conversion, get it. Holy crap it's fun. Nothing like a V8 in a 93 inch wheel base :p I can get to 55 quickly but thats about it. 3 speed with 410 gears?? Forget about MPG. It turns a lot of heads when I start it up.. Fun fun fun

TerryMason said:
Did you get the poly or the rubber bushings? I installed my Brown Dog MML and couldn't use the side mirrors because the vibrated so much. I investigated and found that they had shipped me the poly mounts instead of the rubber I had ordered. They replaced them for free and the new ones are much better. Not as smooth as stock, but better than poly.

I tried both I had the poly on for 2 short trips, it felt like I was in a vibrating chair.
The rubber were much better but still there was a drone/rumble sound that was just too much.
I put my original mounts back in.....

The bestop trektop nx is my only issue. Iikee the top and how it can go bikini if I want it to, but you can't open it up above the rear seats and I have to battle the windows for about ten minutes to put them on or take them off. I should have just bought traditional. Oh well, I still like it enough to put up with it...

KC H4 headlights

I just put in my 3rd replacement set of these headlights. Supposedly this set is from a new batch... if these fade you'll see a picture of me running them over in my driveway!

photobucket11361339376196784-1.jpg

photobucket39011339376220324-1.jpg

Back