J higgins

Ben_Jamin

For the last week that i have been posting here i noticed alot of people had the name J Higgins in there signature... normaly frunted by "well miss you"....

I really suspect that this is not any of my buisness... but im a very curious person... and sence im getting to know you all as good friends, I cant help but wonder who this person was that alot of you seem afilated and attached to. I hope i didnt bring up anything wanted... i was am just curious. Thank You.

J Higgins is a great friend to many of us. He has past on, but his great way of posting to nearly every thing that came up with either fact fun or laughter makes him very missed by many. J Higgins was a young man with a big heart and cared for this boards members and loved jeepen around. He is missed and loved. Here at Jeepz we take care of our own and never forget our fallen friends. Your a part of that now. Never be afraid to ask. tug

One of the most helpful, thoughtful people I've had the pleasure to meet on here (or anywhere).

Great person, one of the people that made me realize this is the forum for me.

Thanks... its great being a part of this group... thanks alot... and to be honest i really wish i had the chance to know this guy. As im hunting for the right jeep he sounds like just the kinda guy i would want to talk to about it... thanks alot for all your support... it must have been hard loosing him. I have never been on a board that has ever been so close. Normaly they seem so mechanical and critical of those who are uninformed.

I think my other friends are getting sick of my jeep love already. As they are quite commen around here (though i never knew it before) And i keep pointing out the Cherokee sport 4 door saying "THATS WHAT I WANT!! THATS THE ONE... "and there all like... "Yes Ben...we know..." Good Times... Thanks All

I was just cleaning out my PM'S yesterday and came across 5 from jhiggins, I just sat here for a few minutes reading and remembering him. I think ill leave them there just to be reminded of the kind, caring, awsome person he was. BTW whats the ann. date? we should have some kind of momorial or something. I know it was last summer, ill search the posts.

Middle TN Jeepers

HEY! I was wondering why I hadn't seen any posts from him. I don't really read peoples signatures. DANG, he was great. Ok, I'm going to be sad for a moment.

Man, that just more than bites! heavy sigh.

Aug...he was to come down to Moab and wheel with us...I took his picture and did the poision spider mesa for him...funny thing is we just talked the week before he died about the labor day run.

Posted: Aug 26, 2003 - 09:55 AM
Here is the obituary notoce from the Houston Chronicle:

JOSHUA C. HIGGINS, 22, died Saturday August 23, 2003. Resident of Pearland, attended Calvary Chapel S.E. Church, served in the United States Army as a Ranger, employed with the Diamond Group. Survivors: parents, Eva and Bill Kennedy; father, Jimmy H. Higgins Jr.; fiancee Cassie Thomason; grandparents, A.P. "Dutch" and Wanda Thost, and Jimmy H. Higgins Sr.; sisters, Becky and Marcie; brothers, James and Cristopher; and host of close family and friends. Visitation will be held from 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Tuesday Colonial Funeral Home. Funeral Services: 10 a.m. Wednesday August 27, 2003, Calvary Chapel S.E. Church, 3700 FM 528, Friendswood, Tx 77546. Interment Forest Park Lawndale Cemetery.

Sounds like a great guy. Too bad I joined here after he was gone. I've lost too many close friends in the last year....8 to be exact, starting with my father, and 3 classmates from highschool. You are the lucky ones who got to share in his life. It's great that so many of you keep him alive in your hearts and on this forum board!

God Bless!

Back