Is this the new Wrangler?

southtj

http://www.autoblog.com/entry/1234000767034938/

image-missing.png

Looks nice. I like the integrated winch and it also looks as though it is still a solid axle. Also looks like they've lifted it, don't you think? And thank God it still has round headlights. :twisted:

And thank God it still has round headlights.
We know you really didn't mean that. I think it would look good with a set of square lights too.

Follow the link above and end up on a German website. The google translated german text reads "Autumn 2006".

http://translate.google.com/transla...ow_detail?skip=0&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

The new Wrangler generation continues the tradition of the series skillfully: full of seeds body Look with turn-up windshield, still more clearance, larger wheels, broader trace. The short Wrangler has 2,413 millimeters wheel base and two-door is supplied, the longer Viertuerer brings it on 2.964 millimeters wheel base. Both variants are to be offered with soft and Hardtop.

Whether also the Pickup study jeep Gladiator which is based on Wrangler technology is built, is not decided yet.

Can someone convert the measurements?

the shorter one is approximately 95 inches while the longer one is around 117 inches
both are a little longer than the current wrangler and the unlimited which come in at 93 and 103 inches respectively

Thats nice. Looks like the jeep rescue concept. I doubt that winch will be getting to the public.

I still like my CJ's! but yeah, they look cool. If I could afford one, I'd get one. They SHOULD come standard with the winch. Oh, and the rear bumper seems a little high don't you think?

south442 said:
Follow the link above and end up on a German website. The google translated german text reads "Autumn 2006".

http://translate.google.com/transla...ow_detail?skip=0&langpair=de|en&hl=en&ie=UTF8

The new Wrangler generation continues the tradition of the series skillfully: full of seeds body Look with turn-up windshield, still more clearance, larger wheels, broader trace. The short Wrangler has 2,413 millimeters wheel base and two-door is supplied, the longer Viertuerer brings it on 2.964 millimeters wheel base. Both variants are to be offered with soft and Hardtop.

Whether also the Pickup study jeep Gladiator which is based on Wrangler technology is built, is not decided yet.

Can someone convert the measurements?

The SWB is about 5 1/4 cubits, and the LWB is about 6 1/2 cubits. Rounding slightly here - cubits aren't real exact anyway.

I don't like it. Ugly headlights, ugly bumpers, ugly doors.....the whole thing is just ugly.

It looks like it's got some heavy duty axles under it. Those diffs look big.

Relocating the ignition switch

It's very... plain and boxy... no character at all.

I do like the wheels though. Plain is good when it comes to wheels in my opinion.

What's up with those eclipsed headlights? Looks like it just woke up and need to wipe the eye boogies out of it's eyes.

Okay pluses are the solid axles, the factory winch (long overdue), the old skool mirrors, and if those rock rails are solid that's a nice touch.

TJ Muffler Suggestions?

Too much plastic but big axles.

Y'know, this is the first concept that I think I might not like... I'm undecided. I like the rescue, I like the hurricane, I don't know why I can't bring myself to like this one. Weird.

Also from that page. Certainly a good case that it's a photoshop:

8153827737326816JPG-4.jpg

Gotta love the turn signals off the fenders again, though.

If that's a photoslop than that guys good. I can see the similarities in the reflections off the body panels and the rear window reflection on the wrangler is repetative. DAMN THATS GOOD!

Re: RE: Re: Steering Rattle

Why someone would spend all that time messing around with a photoshop pic is beyond me. If that is photoshop'ed they did a great job.

RE: Carb.

Wow, looking closely at those two pictures, it's pretty clear to me they are the same vehicle. Look closely at the tires. They are in the exact same postition as is the tread. Very good photoshop job. Could DC have done it to get reaction to the design?

RE: Vacuum system problems

Joopin said:
If that's a photoslop than that guys good. I can see the similarities in the reflections off the body panels and the rear window reflection on the wrangler is repetative. DAMN THATS GOOD!

You're right.. it does look like a good photochop... who's to say that Jeep didn't do it though as a concept...

Just look at the ground, a different tone, but exaclty the same texture, just a different background. And personally, I don't like it. Looks too futuristic... Just my 2 cents...

Gig

Back