I might be in the market for a TJ

prariepunk

Re: What I Want...

I will be asking strictly hypothetical questions. "IF" I was in the market for a NEW(er) Jeep what wre the pros and cons for the TJ series? Are the newer ones mechanicaly better than the '97's or are they pretty much the same. I have a CJ series now so, all the technology will blow me away :D . What year TJ is overall the best for off road (if there is one)

I, personally, would stay away from the '97's (first year after the re-design). Pre-'03's still have the 2.5L 4 banger (which I have learned after I bought my '03 2.4L!). I'm guessing that the 4.0L is the same for 'em all. As far as the off-road capability..........hey, it's a Jeep!!!!! Kicks arse!!! Just a smoother on road ride with those coil springs. The dashes suck and the windshields suck......"car-like" interior - that sucks, too......Can't really think of any year that's better than any other............at least they have ROUND headlights!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

New KC Stone guard light covers for 6" lights Black

00 and up have better manual transmission's.

everyone has there own opinions but... my TJ had the 4cyl and it sucked. the 4.0 was a ton better. TJs are great. The ride is pretty damn good for a jeep. just stay away from the 4 cyl.

My Fiance' has a '99 TJ & she loves it, The bouncy ride in my YJ is a little much for her.
4cyl does her okay (saves my insurance bill from tickets) :wink:

Back