I know it's not a Jeep

PASmokeater

I'm having a problem with my Jimmy, and wonder if you all would still be willing to help. The car battery dies after jumping it. My question is what is the proper way to diagnose and figure out if it's the battery or the alternator ?[addsig]

Keep your jimmy problems to yourself
image-missing.png

Start it up, check the voltage at the battery, if it reads below 13-14 it's the alternator, if it reads fine the battery isn't holding a charge.[addsig]

Yeah...went out, jumped it, took off the + battery cable, and it ran fin...led me to believe I'll be getting a battery in the morning....the little womans gotta get to work lol

Thanx, Rob[addsig]

why don't you just jump it and drive it to the jeep dealer and trade it in for an XJ?
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Whats up dude Take the alternator out goto auto zone or what ever auto store! and they will check it for free .. Then go from there>>
image-missing.png
[addsig]

Dingus, you xj whore !!!, lol. I've got to pay off the money pit, and then I'm given' her the TJ, and buying myself a CJ lol
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
[addsig]

smokeater- i see what you're up to... you'll beat the piss out of your TJ, then after you're done making all your mistakes (learning to offroad) you'll stick her with it and get yourself a new toy! haha...[addsig]

I would of gotten away with it to, if it wasn't for you kids...and that stupid dog too LOL
image-missing.png
[addsig]

You'll have to buy older or you will get stuck in the TJ I know how this works, Mom always gets the bestof the deal, Cause if Momma aint happy aint nobody happy! Tug
image-missing.png
[addsig]

just a quick note...turned out to be the battery( good thing I bought a 5 year warrenty one lol), put in a six year battery and payed 20.00
image-missing.png

Thanx, Rob[addsig]

Back