I gotta log into every site every time!!! ugghh

noskils32

Quick computer question. When I used to go to different sites like this one and yahoo and hotmail I wouldn't have to log in because my username and password were saved and I was always logged in. Now, every time I open up internet explorer, all the sites that I go to, I have to log back in, even when I say save my username and password. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!!!

Have you recently changed anything concerning your computers protection? Have you recently installed any software for protection? The reason I'm asking this is that if you disable your computers ability to store cookies, that's usually how your login info is stored. What Windows system are you running, maybe I can give you some suggestions to help.

Hey noskils, if you logging yourself in here when at the bottom of the Message Board page explorer will not remember you (i.e. it will not send a cookie. Here is what you need to do. Log out. Go to the Message Board page, and at the top there links for FAQ, Search, etc. Click on the Profile link. Now you will be asked to log in, and there will be a check box to remember your login. That should do it.

I can't think of anything I have changed. I have my privacy settings to accept all cookies. The only thing is that I was only allowing 96mb of files to be in the temp internet folder. I upped that amount, I'll see if it works. I run windows ME (please pray for me, haha), and I have version 6.0 of internet explorer.

I rebooted and my login info still wasnt saved even though I allowed more space in the temp files folder. Any other suggestions?

noskils32 said:
I run windows ME (please pray for me, haha), and I have version 6.0 of internet explorer.

I'll pray for you because your using Windows, it doesn't matter what version :p

At the moment I can't think of anything else that would prevent your login info from being saved other than you having a cookie issue or maybe it is Internet explorer being the great piece of software it is :roll:

A good way to find out if it is Internet Explorere causing the issue or not would be to download and use a different browser such as the Mozilla Firefox browser from http://www.mozilla.org/products/firefox/ and see if you have the same problems or not. Chances are you won't have any problems. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Hey Nick! Nice to hear that someone else here knows about and uses firefox! Down with MS Internet EXPLODER!!!

Hi,

I've been using firefox (previously firebird) for some time now. I must say, IMO Mozilla firefox (and the Mozilla browser) are incomparably better than Internet Explorer. I like firefox for it's tabbed browsing feature, built-in pop-up add blocker, and the extra safety from trojans/spybots you get by using it :mrgreen:

Plus I use Linux, so Internet Exploder would never be an option :wink:

Because of you all I downloaded it, and I love it! It does seem faster, and more "intuitive" in design..
thanks guys.

I LOVE the tabbed browsing. I can surf two or three sites at the same time. Very cool!

Noskils...try deleting all your cookies and start over. Just a thought.

33x12.50 Mickey's

Easy fix for this would be to clear your Cookies and then come back to Jeepz and login and be sure to select Remember me. LOT faster than DLing anything or trying to learn the new browser's capabilities.

L33TJ33P said:
Easy fix for this would be to clear your Cookies and then come back to Jeepz and login and be sure to select Remember me. LOT faster than DLing anything or trying to learn the new browser's capabilities.

Hey, where's your sense of adventure? :p Try something new. :mrgreen:

noskils32 said:
Quick computer question. When I used to go to different sites like this one and yahoo and hotmail I wouldn't have to log in because my username and password were saved and I was always logged in. Now, every time I open up internet explorer, all the sites that I go to, I have to log back in, even when I say save my username and password. Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!!!

i havent changed anything on my system yet i have to log in on every site i am a member of also. Hmmmmmmmmmmm just started a couple days ago

Thanks Nick!! Firefox is by far the best browser i've ever used. tabs are awesome, nice pop up blocker. simple and easy to use. i'm telling all my friends, i'll help you spread the word. down with microsoft! :roll:

so i just downloaded firefox also, havent messed with it yet, just opened it up to see what it looks like, anyone have any tips on using this browzer? will be greatly appreciated

Hi,

You can use Firefox just like you'd use any other browser. Some of the unique features of Firefox you may have to learn, but they're all so easy to use.

The pop-up add blocker is completely automatic... unless there is a site you actually want to see the popups on. In that case you'd go to the menu titled TOOLS > click "options" > click "Web Features" on the left > then add the site's address.

Google Search bar is integrated in the browser, up to the right of the address bar, where the capital "G" is. But for an awsome Google playtoy, you can download the Google Search Bar for Mozilla from http://texturizer.net/firebird/extensions/
. That site contains tons of cool add-ons or "extensions" for Firefox. The Google search bar can be compared to the Goolge toolbar for IE, but it is unofficial. The developer is in a foreign country, so you'll want to change the
setting in the toolbar options to the US (or your country) under preferences.

Last tip is Plug-ins aka the Java VM, Shockwave Flash, Acrobat Reader, etc.. In the windows version of Firefox, these all install super easily if not by default. If you want to see what plug-ins are already installed, type about:plugins into the web address bar and hit enter. If you ever need to find a plugin but can't find a Mozilla plugin, download the version for the Netscape Browsers, as they are the same basic browsing software and are compatible with each other.

Hope that helps. I'm glad to hear you all like it. There is a ton of open-source (aka FREE) software out there that is just as good (and in most cases better) than what companies like Microsoft are selling. :mrgreen:

Back