I am a Murderer

berettajeep

:cry:
So I just finished working on my CJ and I was going home. The road I take home is an old road, not much traffic, alot of older homes/farms.
I was coming up to the 90 Degree turn in the road,speed limit is 35 but I was slowing down for the turn.
Fields are on both sides of the road. very over grown with tree's on the one side.....
thats when it happen :cry:
A white and orange cat ran under my g/f's TJ.
I am a murderer :cry:

I turned the jeep around to see if I did killed it or if it was suffering, even though I knew it was dead. :cry:
I pulled to the side of the road, took a shirt that I had in the back of the jeep and moved the cat to the side of the road.

I will assume most here will not care that I killed a cat, but I am a cat person and I feel like crap :cry:

RE: Gosh It

could have been a deer... dont' feel so bad... only one casualty in your case

berettajeep said:
:cry:............I am a murderer :cry:

I will assume most here will not care that I killed a cat, but I am a cat person and I feel like crap :cry:

First off, you're NOT a murderer! Yes, you ran over a cat, but I'm quite sure there was no way to avoid it or you would have. It was just that poor cat's time - probably another litter born somewhere close by.

Secondly, just be thankful it wasn't YOUR cat.

Keep your chin up and your eyes open.

RE: Re: RE: I hooked someone

GUILTY!!! ...of vehicular catslaghter maybe, but definately not murder ;)

You are sentenced to hosing off your Jeep.

Seriously though - who is really at fault, you or the person that let's their cat play in the street?

Man, is it just me or is everyone depressed around here lately? 30 isn't old. 31...now that's old.

As for the cat, I feel your pain, I get a bit sad when I hit animals too. Could've been worse, it could have been a dog. Now THAT would get to me. I hope you cheer up my man. And no, you aren't a murder, just a perpetuator of natural selection.

Beretta

What a bad day yesterday was. I'll never forget the one cat I hit and killed either. It was years ago but I cried for hours. I'm a SERIOUS cat lover. It is sad that people let thier cats outside to roam free. I just saved one last weekend that was like that and then it's owners had the gall to move and leave him behind sick with a cold and outside. Well, he's mine now. He has a vet appt tomorrow.

Anyway, sorry to read about it. It's not your fault even though it does make you sad.

Lady

A little over a year ago, I found this kitten in a box beside the road out in the country. She had a broken leg, so I picked her up and took her to the vet....he didn't charge much at all, since he's a cat-lover, too. She's now a part of our family (along with 3 other cats).

M47-1.jpg

M49-1.jpg

I took my father and mother to the shelter this weekend so they could get a cat for the house (parents are having empty nest syndrome) so they picked out two 1 year old cats, they were filling in the paper work and my father looks over at the lady who works there (mind you she was like 90 years old and no sence of humor) and my father asks, "should I season the meat with peppreica or rosemary, I don't wanna tast all the fur"
I never saw a old lady faint before.

Sparky-Watts said:
A little over a year ago, I found this kitten in a box beside the road out in the country. She had a broken leg, so I picked her up and took her to the vet....he didn't charge much at all, since he's a cat-lover, too. She's now a part of our family (along with 3 other cats).

M47-1.jpg

M49-1.jpg

I glad they didn't charge you much for the cat in the first picture with the broken leg but, MAN, how much did he charge you for the cat in the second picture with only one paw, a tail and no body. :shock:

jps4jeep wrote:

…and my father asks, "should I season the meat with peppreica or rosemary, I don't wanna tast all the fur"
I never saw a old lady faint before.

LMAO

I like your Dad!

:lol:

Regards,

Gadget

PS: Jps4jeep, I think your Dad might be going into Grandpa Walton-mode.

Grandpa Walton was often chastised by his family for outrageous behavior around those two spinster sister hotties. In reply, he would say, “I’ve waited a long time to get old enough to say things like that and get away with it.”

Giving an old lady an attack of the vapors is great fun when you get to be Grandpa Walton’s age and my age and your Dad’s age. :wink:

My cat had a broken leg like that too, on the rear! She hung herself on the ironing board while I was at work. :shock: Messy situation. Her rear leg had that same cast! How fun is that to care for a cat with that cast? lol

Sweet story.

Re: RE: Jeepz.com Poll

That sucks. I fall under the classification of "animal lover"(it says something that there is a need for that classification to even exist-----like we shouldn't all be). Anyway, sorry to hear that man. I've also got a soft spot for cats.....that would really bother me too.

Back