Hurricane Ivan

76cj7nola

Looks like it is comming my way but I'm gonna stay I am North of New Orleans we will see what happens...

image-missing.png

Maybe I can see how my Jeep does under water :lol:

If your elevation's anything like New Orleans, better buy a snorkel :lol:
Hunker down and best of luck! We sure don't need any more rain up here, either. :shock:

mud

Does this really shock anyone?

If it stays at cat 4 I would run like hell if you are within 100 miles of the direct hit. I live in FL. You would not beleive the devistation here from frances and charlie. Your life though.

I live in Robert we are about 30' above sea level the worst we will get is some wind. I do have a camp in Slidell (on the Rigolets) had to pull my boat out last night and secure everything... I hope it is still there in a few days.

76cj7nola and I live just north of New Orleans above sea level. New Orleans is mostly 8-10 ft below sea level. If I still lived in the city, I would be heading out of there, but now I live back at home with my parents, I will be fine.

76cj7nola, now that I know you are the closesst Jeepz buddy, we should ride together...soon

I've got an old friend who lives in Gulfport MS and they've been ordered to evacuate. He's going to East Arkansas to stay with his parents. Wonder if he'll have a home after the storm?

Yikes, I hope you all make it through without so much as a broken windshield!! Stay safe. I love 'Nawlins.

My parents have a condo right near the Florida Alabama line and it looks as though it's going to get hid dead on. This sucks.

Given all these hurricanes, Mother Nature must be having her period right about now.

Special K wrote:

Given all these hurricanes, Mother Nature must be having her period right about now.

-----------------------
Yep, she is and it's called HURRICANE SEASON. LOL The first two weeks of September are the peak and often hold the worst storms.

Lady

Now there's Jeanne, then maybe Karl, but Karl is predicted to blow out to the north atlantic. Jeanne is another threat to the east coastline.

Even for hurricane season, this year has had alot of them.

Hey South442... you heard anything about your parents condo yet? Looks like Pensacola took the brunt of the storm, and the Alabama/Florida line got it pretty bad.

Most everything from Gulf Shores to Pensacola is trashed. The I-10 bridge over the bay at Pensacola is partially missing. A lot of the beach front roads were destroyed and power will also be out for quite a while. I even heard that the Flora Bama was trashed. Damn, I love that place.

My Uncle weathered out the storm. He lives 25' over sea level and about 300 yards away from Perdido Bay this is a little Bay that the FL and AL line is dead center of. They got hammered but only trees and such were knocked down.

Back