Hunting for a TJ with my dad

Sully

Well,this weekend my dad and I are looking at some TJ's.So far we are looking for a early TJ sport,with the dana 44 rear end.,under 10,000.And man,we have looked at 8 jeeps so far and still no 44 rear end.There is a very nice 99 sahara in my town and they want 15,000 for it.It is a nice white sahara 6cyl,5spd,33,000 miles,completely stock.But,they are asking to much money for it.Also,my dad doesnt want a sahara because the fender flares are painted and will get scratched and damaged on the trail.Well,we are going out again right now to check out some more TJ's.Wish us luck. :) Sully

Tell him best wishes but a YJ is the best route to go. Tj's are no doought a great jeep and have a super ride and all the extras but it cost so dang much to mod em! tug

new gun

I shall allways be a YJ man at heart. Done give the CJ to my lovely wife. She likes The old and ugly things around here. So me and the CJ are both very happy. hehehehe The search is on for me a YJ just not going to get into a hurry. Momma Tug wants the ol Tugly trail ready for her to drive. Says setting on the right hand side of a jeep is just not any fun, So we will not have to fight for the driver seat any more. Going to get her some tires a lift and all the other stuff she needs and then we will be a team. I can see it now Momma in a CJ Will in his Ranger Jakes be driven befor we know it, Me in a YJ some day. TeamTug! :wink: hehehe tug

Well,we drove out to see the jeep.And I got some pics.Alright,this 97 TJ had 33,000 miles,6cyl,5spd,4inches of lift,33 inch tires,a winch,lockers f/r,disco's,a welder,a shower,on board air,axle floaters,and locking hubs front and rear.The guy was asking 15,000.We test drove it and it was all over the road,and,the guy said something about locking rear hubs and slectable locker,that the rear end was ALL THE TIME posi-traction,which made the jeep bind around corners.The jeep also had all kinds of beeping noises and stuff and didnt have the right gearing.The paint was all scratched up and so where the windows on the soft top.We decided that we would much rather start with a stock jeep.But,we are wondering why the jeep handles so bad???Was the way the jeep was set up,or if it handles so bad because of the 4 inch lift and 33's???Here is the pic of it:
image-missing.png

We decided to pass on this jeep and look for something cheaper and cleaner.

This one had a rubicon express lift and it road like crap.Do all TJ's with 4 inches of lift handle this bad???

Back