Guess What I Just Bought SUCKERS!

bryanjeep

Optima batteries bad???

I just came across a delal that you just can't pass up. I just bought 35 x 14.50 BOGGERS. Man they look awesome. So much better than those tires I just bought early summer. 2 great things about them:

They were only used for about 100 miles and it clearly shows that.
I picked them up for $500 :D

Might set the motor back a paycheck or two, but hell, everyone here knows that is a deal you can't pass up. I will get some pics as soon as I mount them.

Gear down. Yer lookin at 4.88's at the very least. Those are heavy meats, but congrats on the good deal.

Great deal!!

That is exactly what I would like to do. Let me know how it goes. I have a 95 YJ and need new tires am seriously tempted to upgrade to 35" from 33". I talked with 4WPW this morning about the costs. I'm wondering if I could do it now and get away with upgrading the axles changing gear ratios a little later.

Let me know what you're doing. I'd like to mooch off your experience. :)

Not touching the gearing being that those axles are going to snap as soon as that other motor is in. I will be ok for the time being.
Special_K, I will let you know :wink:

Off-Roading On-Road

Oh yeah, and get a big-assed transmission cooler. You don't wanna hot burn it. :wink:
Personally, i wouldn't run 'em without both gears and the T cooler... but that's me. I've heard too many horror stories.

:::EDIT:::

Oops, I forgot you were doing an engine swap. Nevermind.

No transmission cooler with this transmission, but I am buying a B&M t cooler witht the 700r4. I might get a better one now with these tires.

So Mingez, what happens if I try and do it cheap (without the gears)? I haven't even thought about the T-cooler...so call me clueless.

Unnecessary strain on the Transmission. And engine. Yeah, many believe they can "Make up for it" by pushing the pedal closer to the floor, but there are invisible consequences to running such a set up....Heat mainly. Wear on the engine and transmission. Now, in Bryan's case, he's ditching the engine anyway, so it's a mute point.

GEARS are the most important upgrade I've ever done, without a doubt. Right up there with lift and lockers. Forget HP, gear down. It's incredible, the difference. After I went to 4.56 on my XJ, I thought to myself, "how did I live with stock gears and 33's for so long?" I wish I could have gone 4.88, but the cryco axle doesn't have an after market for those gears.

Can you run stock gears with that set up? Yeah. You can also run 35's on a 3 inch lift, but it's not recommended.

That is a good deal on those tires. They're a good $200 each!

4lo will be seeing alot more use with those :wink:

gear it, im runnin 35x12.50 and i hate it with my gears, thats the next thing on my list, that and a super 35 kit cuz i get scared whenever my jeep makes, ANY noise at all

Those tires are so soft they will wear out very quickly on the street. If I got that deal, I'd probably buy a second set of cheap steel wheels and mount the boggers on them for off road use only.

Be careful and adjust your driving style to those tires. They like to break stuff! They are like drag slicks on a car. In the mud you can't beat them in a straight line, but they can give you an unpleasant surprise in a turn while on the gas.

I'm betting those axles are going to break before the other motor gets in there, especially if you were to regear. Like mingez said, the factory gears will be harder on the driveshafts, Tcase, transmission, and clutch......but those lower gears are harder on the axle shafts, and those little 27 spline toothpicks are going to have a hard enough time!

Man, I shouldn't have even posted this thread. I get so sick of people telling me to not do something, regear, change the axles. All I wanted to do was tell you I got some new tires for a hell of a deal. I KNOW WHAT THESE TIRES WILL DO TO MY SETUP. I DONT CARE WHAT IT DOES BECAUSE EVERYTHING IS BEING CHANGED.

I'm sorry. In an attemp to make up for my last post where I tried to give some helpful advice, I'll now give the cookie cutter response:
Great deal dude!! Your the king!! You are going to blow by everyone else in the pit and look better doing it too!! better?

Man, did you ever screw up!! You're going to break axles, your transmission and diffs are going to blow, your motor's going to lock up, your tubs going to rot away, your CD player's going to eat your favorite, your gas gauge'll read empty, and you're going to be stuck out in the middle of nowhere with nobody to help you and you'll have nothing but those big SUCKERS to give you peace of mind..........all because you dis'd the Jeepzers! Just kidding, of course. Nice buy, I'm envious.....of course mine is a DD, sucking 4cyl, and nothing's going to change in the near future so all of the above would happen to me. Post us some pics when you get those suckers on! And spray some mud for me!!

tongue firmly planted in cheek,
mud

Back