Grand wagoneer rear dana 44

jeepin916

I got a rear dana 44 from an 87 grand wagoneer, when i looked at it under the truck it looked ok but now that its out of the truck striped down and cleaned i jsut noticed that diff is off set. does anyone know how much of an off set it is? and which side is the longer side axle? also does anyone think this will cause a problem under my TJ? thanks guys

Offset by how much?

The Quadratrac rear D44 is offset as much as a front axle, and won't work. The centered Waggy D44 (slight to no offset) will work fine.

Had you gone with a rear D44 from a Rodeo or Passport you could have gotten disc brakes.

Hmmmm. how would i know if its a quadratrac d44? i know that one axle shaft is about 2 inches longer that the other but the offset isnt as extreme as the front diff.

You're fine then, it'll work. The Quadratrac rear D44 is as extreme an offset as the front axle, you would know if you had one.

well this one is a dana 44 it does have an offset but not as extreme as you said bounty, i actualy found an offset qudratec d44 on ebay and mine does not look like that at all so im guessing that what i have would be considered a center diff 44

Back