Got in an accident

jeepdude832

I would like to say no damage but its not the case. I was turning left out of a parking lot and squeezed through the line of stopped cars only to get creamed by a 01 maxima He was speeding but the cops said it was my fault. I got a witness that said he was speeding. His front was totally messed up you could not see any damage to my jeep at first. He only hit my wheel so you can image what it did to my steering axle trac bar everything both wheels are now pointed in its a real mess. And my hood is shifted over 1/2 an inch. I just finished my jeep a week ago and now its F#%$#%

DUDE!! I am so sorry. Are you okay? The Jeep can be replaced, but not the Jeeper.

ya I am fine I hit my head on the top of the door, thankfully I had just put my seatbelt on. TC if you read this I pulling out of the hair cuttery and going left on taylor

Wow man sorry to hear that, but like Mingez said - at least no one was hurt. He was probably trying to beat the light across Harford Rd. Well if it's declared totalled by the insurance Co, maybe you can buy it back (usually cheap) and either rebuild or transfer all the parts to a new one. Hopefully it's not totalled though.

That really sucks, but glad you're ok, that's the most important part. Unfortunately the accident will be your fault, even if the person was speeding. I was in the exact same type of accident when I first got my licence but I was the one who hit the person that was cutting through the traffic. The person and people who witnessed claimed that I was speeding and the cops said that would not change who was at fault. And I wasn't speeding, I could prove since I had 2 other people in the car and was in 2nd gear in an 84' honda accord that would have been redlined doing the speed limit. Anyhow, you may end up getting reamed on your insurance but you lived to tell the tale, and maybe get a new jeep!!

think of it as time to upgrade your rig. :lol: glad to hear your ok!

bryanjeep

Sorry to hear that! On the bright side though you'll get to have twice as much fun building it again... glad you're ok!

Christian Thats why I Never goto that hair cuttery ........ I do have to say that $ 4,000 +hair cut dont look like its worth that much lol..... you guys/ girls should see his TJ the tie rod is in a V almost touching the ground , frame is slightly twisted , axle / L.A. suspn. damage ..........

Dude we can always go to carmax and test drive cars we dont wanna buy again :mrgreen: That Mustang GT had No Balls

Sorry to hear that. Reminds me of similar damage via a different type of accident. My frame was tweaked a bit and here was some hood and fender damage and the suspension was completely screwed.

I accidently drove off the face of a sand dune and my Jeep plunged almost completely nose first somewhere around 10-15 feet, maybe more, but becuase of the angle of the ground, the front right tire made contact first (with the entire weight of the Jeep above it), followed a fraction of a second later by the left front tire, then it righted itself on all fours. My axle was pushed backward almost a foot, the shocks were V-shaped where the axled pushed into them, the leaf springs were bent into something like the shape of a pretzel, etc. One month and over $6K insurance dollars later, my Jeep was like new again.

It sucks to go through it, but hopefully you'll be back in good shape in a few weeks.

Back