good versatile tires @ low cost

rtoney9

I want to put new tires on my 95 YJ. 31x10.50x15 This is my daily driver so I need something that will not wear out quickly, but I need a tire that will perform well off-road too. I know that BFG T/A All Terrains are good, but are there any off brands that are just as good as these but cheaper. Thanks Guys[addsig]

well when i read the topic, the bfg's were what i was going to suggest.... but as to off brand i dont know... id suggest going to the tire place and askin them if they have anything. Where im at we've got a good shop, so i can do that, but if you dont have a good shop around i guess youll just have to hope the guys on here have some ideas for ya.

HTH

Nathan[addsig]

I have also heard the Kuhmo's are decent tires for a decent price- the BFG's are the best i think though- also, try ebay, sometimes you can get a decent set of treads for a cheap price-[addsig]

Hey what's going on? If you can find them (usually at a Firestone shop) there are "Sidewinder's" as well... nearly identical tread pattern to the BFG all terrains and yet in my area about $30 cheaper per tire... I've been running 32x11.50's on several of my CJ's for many years now with no complaints at all.

Hope this helps a little...[addsig]

bunch of jeeps here running on Reminton wide bruts and mud brutes! People here abouts seem to like em! Look real good Tug[addsig]

I put about 55000 miles on a set of 6 ply sidewinders. They performed exceptionally well. I prefer the 6 ply because I can still lower the air pressure with out the tire becoming suseptable to sidewall damage. I'm now running a Capitol M/S 6 ply that has not let me down yet. It's not as aggressive as the sidewinder/BFG pattern, but works when needed. Both tires ran about $70 each in the 235 75R 15.[addsig]

<TABLE BORDER=0 ALIGN=CENTER WIDTH=85%><TR><TD><font class="pn-sub">Quote:</font><HR></TD></TR><TR><TD><FONT class="pn-sub"><BLOCKQUOTE>Pep Boys carries some nice Futura All terrains just like the BFGs</BLOCKQUOTE></FONT></TD></TR><TR><TD><HR></TD></TR></TABLE>[addsig]

I´ve had some pretty good luck with natltire.com, you can deal a little, figure in shipping, mounting, balancing and guarantee, issues make them an offer, all it costs is an E-mail. I´ve usually gotten free shipping with a full set.[addsig]

Back