Front Discos

bchcky

so i went to this website http://www.4x4wire.com/jeep/tech/susp/ZJ_swaybar_Qdisco/ and followed their directions for home made disco's rather than paying $100+. went to home depot, got all the needed parts. got under the jeep, started with the driver's side, out in 5 minutes, new tine pin in. went to do the other side, stripped the nut on that side :evil:. now i'm screwed. (no pun intended) i lubed all the nuts and bolts up before i got in there and i still ended up stripping that side. the bolt is a t55 torx fitting and the nut on it is a 3/4". torx side seems to be fine, but i cant get leverage using the torx, so the grunt work has to be done with the nut. any suggestions? i cant get a good turn in at all anymore.

ps - maybe i'll have to use johnny's sawzall (sp?) :wink:

they makwe sockets just for removing stripped nuts.. or try beating a smaller one on.... ir the sawzall always works.. you won't be needing the bolt again anyway.

DID I NOT TEACH YOU ANYTHING!!!

Do you recall my class on removing stubborn bolts 101 last weekend?

hehe

Cut that sucka out! thats going to be the easiest way. then you will have to get some tap free, and a small drill bit, and drill it out. Use liberal amounts of tap free so you don't to replace that drill bit every ten seconds!

New Jeep Unlimited

hehe i guess i must have been slackin. but i def lubed it up real well. just didnt wanna budge. i'll cut that lil' f'er out when i get another opportunity. just a bit miffed though that i got the disco in on one side and not the other, i wanted to test out the flex difference. :roll:

Call, dave, He is coming over on saturday to finish up his, Good cutting time!

The same thing happened to me when i was putting in a new swaybar, I just cut it off with my angle grinder, the neighbors loved the sound and sparks right next to their daughters birthday party. :mrgreen:

oh kids love that stuff... its like a magic show

I used the same setup on my TJ today ... very easy and very quick install ... thanks for the link ...

Snitty said:
oh kids love that stuff... its like a magic show

Abbra-Kadabbra!!
image-missing.png

Back