Forced into exhaust repairs are improvements

rotjger

99 tj exhaust manifold cracked again after repair What would be the best repair china oem replacement are headers

Use it as an oportunity to upgrade. Just my 2 cents :D

thanks for the info I found a ex manifold lifetime warranty for 225.00 or one year for
100.00 looks like both made in china I guess no USA option

The mopar revised replacement exaust manifold is made here in the U.S.. It's got the flex pipes on the #1 and #6 tubes.

The mopar revised replacement exaust manifold is made here in the U.S.. It's got the flex pipes on the #1 and #6 tubes.

Dang, I must have drawn the lucky straw on that one. My Jeep already had the flex pipes when I got it. Mine is a 99, when did they revise the design.

I also had the flex pipes but still cracked after only 200000 miles. Wonder if the 3inch spring lift I removed had any thing to do with it. priced a ex manifold from chrysler at around 430.00

Improper torque on the retainers usually contributes to the failure of the exaust maniflods. The lift wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Gale banks makes one (yeah the diesel guy) 400 (430 IIRC?)series stainless; most are "only" 304 grade; I welded mine up like 4 years ago. still running the orig one on my 97 has held up fine since I repaired it.

if your looking for an after market you can also go to clifford performance they make a nice after market ex manifold and an intake to match but kis is a little pricy.

Back