Exhaust problems and suspension question would like info...

Sly8795

My catalytic converter went bad and i dont have money to buy a new one and have it installed. a shop said they could just ream the inside out and im thinking about doing this till i can get money for a new exhaust systerm. Is there any real disadvantages to doing this other then it is illegal...Also im looking to buy a new exhaust system like a borla, does anyone have information on a good setup and which ones sound good. i have a 90 cherokee 4.0L

2nd question is...theres a 3.5inch sky jacker lift on the jeep already but apparently someone said i need body spacers between the frame and the body..is this true and how important is this to the jeep?[addsig]

If you can get buy with the removeing you converter you will see a real incress in power and millage. If you were to live where there is no epa testing done on your autos. If No state emissions test of any kind you could run with out a cc at all and a flow through muffler. This would be a real power boost. If your inspection is up to date cut that sucker out and then put a new one in before your next inspection. Who will know! Let the shop ream it out or take it out or what ever it takes. As for what sound good, I love the sound of a flow master exaust system best of all. I can not see paying the price so I run a flow thru basic glass pack exaust sytem. It is deep and throaty, sound really good for a fraction of the cost. Tug[addsig]

i was thinking about a glass pack, how much do those run and where can one be picked up? eventually i want to get a new header for it as well..and i just found an air intake for it the other day which i may purchase once i get enough money.[addsig]

it is not possible to lift the body of a cherokee... it is welded to the frame. you don't NEED any sort of lift, however if you want MORE lift for BIGGER tires, they make kits that lift it 6"...[addsig]

You can get "cherry bomb" glass packs at most pep boys or auto zones, for I think $100? I'm not sure about the cost.

An aquaintence of mine has 2 exhaust systems. His daily driver, then the one with a C/C. He installs the C/C a couple weeks before his emission test. Then drives it alot to make sure it's all ok. Plus the C/C last alot longer this way, i guess.[addsig]

Back