Engine rattle

XjShake

Ok so u have a 4.0 i6 and recently my serpentine belt got messed up somehow so I replaced it and now it makes a weird rattling noise. It sounds like some small aluminum tubing being rolled together. I have chased it to this pulley that feels loose but I'm not sure what pulley it is or how to tighten it up.. Thanx for the help. Oh it's the one in the middle of the engine

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110130_121258.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110130_121258.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 354

Ok first off this pulley needs to be replaced its bent both on outside and on inside see arrows
ForumRunner_20110130_1212581-1.jpg

also notice the fraying on the serpentine belt that should be replaced also
as for loosening or tightening the belt there is an adjuster behind the power steering pump

Ok.. Thanx guys... Thats what I was doing when I took the pic.. I just didn't know what that pulley is... I like the red arrows

Another question... Does the water pump usually come with the pulley? The auto zone app I have doesn't show the pulley... Is it a b word to change

I changed therr power steering pump... You are correct with the water pump.... Jester you need to move to the states... Around oklahoma lol

Lol. I want to visit to do some storm chasin lol.

It's 70 degrees out right now but they after talking about us getting about 12 of ice and snow tomorrow and tuesday

Nice lol. It's -32 here right now little chilly haha.

Back