Engaged!

laneiac

Just thought I would share with everyone that me and my girlfriend of 2 1/2 years are now engaged! Boy, spending money on that ring was so hard, I kept thinking about all those jeep parts I could buy! Anyways, just really excited so I thought I would voice it.

congrats. one of these days i'll get married..but i think the jeep comes first, i had it longer. heh.

I completely understand. Me and my girlfriend just bought our first place together and moved in last week. Everyone's bugging me about when we're going to get married. I look at the price of a ring, then think about all the other fun stuff we could do with that money like a lift for the jeep or a boat or something fun like that. My buddy just got married in Grand Praire, Alberta, Canada. He's kinda a redneck and his woman isn't into material posessions so they decided to go cheap on the rings and wedding and put the money they saved into booze for the wedding so everyone could have a good time partying it up instead. They even saved enough that they could buy two brand new snowmobiles for the price of what was quoted for an average wedding. Oh ya, congratulations.

Congrats man! I be getting married one of these days......

Craig said:
I completely understand. Me and my girlfriend just bought our first place together and moved in last week. Everyone's bugging me about when we're going to get married. I look at the price of a ring, then think about all the other fun stuff we could do with that money like a lift for the jeep or a boat or something fun like that. My buddy just got married in Grand Praire, Alberta, Canada. He's kinda a redneck and his woman isn't into material posessions so they decided to go cheap on the rings and wedding and put the money they saved into booze for the wedding so everyone could have a good time partying it up instead. They even saved enough that they could buy two brand new snowmobiles for the price of what was quoted for an average wedding. Oh ya, congratulations.

That's what we did - spent like $8000 total... it was very worthwhile...

Congrats! and you dont have to spoend alot on the ring... if she gets mad about it, you should reconsider the marriage anyway, because it's you she's marrying not the ring.

Congratulations! Best of Luck to both of you.

Back in college (where I met my wife), we had decided that finding jobs after graduation was the first priority. After that, SHE decided that saving for the wedding and a house were more important than an engagement ring.

Two Houses, two kids, and many jobs later, she still doesn't want one. My wife is awesome!! She's endured my Mustang, Bronco, and now Jeep crazes! Our 15 year Wedding Anniversary is coming up next month, I think I'll surprise her.

As said by Graewulf, "It's you she's marrying not the ring".

I always tease my wife that between the engagement ring and the wedding ring she waring my corvette on here finger... Good luck and wait to you see the prices of the dresses

Congratulations Lane!

You think the ring was expensive?
rolling-1.gif

Congratulations Laniac! It's so exciting to see new and fresh love and enthusiasium. You'll do great! Good Luck, set a date yet?

Lady

Here's another thing you get to look forward to as said by my girlfriend to me the other day..... "What's mine is mine, what's yours is ours". Good luck!

Congrats!!!!
No matter how much I want to spend, spend, spend on the jeep, being the one with the rock on my hand I would change a thing. :wink: you did the right thing.

Back