Doors and Top Questions

jeepsterluv

I have a 2005 TJ Unlimited and am thinking of switching to a soft top and half doors. I have several questions.

#1 I have the full hard doors and am wondering if they are interchangeable with a normal TJ Wrangler.

#2 Where can I find half doors for a good price?

#3 Dare I say I've thought of cutting up my full sized doors and adapting a soft upper to them? Has anyone done this?

#4 What type of soft top would this description be? I want a soft top with removable sides and rear so I can still have some cover over head.

#5 Is my Hard top and hard doors worth more than the soft top and half doors if I was to find a trade?

Forgive my ignorance. I spend more time on my motorcycles. This Jeep has been so good I just change oil add gas and drive it.:D

Thanks Guys. I've saw a guy running around town in a jeep identical to mine except he has the soft top and half doors. I'd like to find him and pitch an offer. The thing is, I've been looking around, and these half doors don't seem to lock. I have a nice stereo I'd like to keep. Any suggestions?

soft tops are nice in the summer, you can take the side and back window's out and still have coverage if it rains, the top just comes right up. the only downfall to having a hard top AND a soft top is finding a place to store the hard top when your soft top is on... and if it gets cold and you get good amounts of snow, its good to have a hard top, they take that kind of abuse better than a soft top.

if you have a removable faceplate i would just lock it in the center counsel or glove box. I don't have either in my yj so i just take it out with me when ever i have to leave it in an unfamiliar place.

if you have a removable faceplate i would just lock it in the center counsel or glove box. I don't have either in my yj so i just take it out with me when ever i have to leave it in an unfamiliar place.

I'm afraid some guy will run off with my amp and box too. I'm one of those lucky guys with trunk space!:D

Attachments

• 4ceb_12.JPG
    4ceb_12.JPG
    15.3 KB · Views: 280
Last edited:
LOL!been looking for half doors cheap since i bought mine!sorry to tell you,i haven't found any for less than $450.00!good luck on that!

I too have been looking for reasonable priced half doors ( 97 to 06 will fit). And yes they go between 450 and 700. Because of this, I've been considering element doors from Bestop. They have covers you could add on, and I can't find anything bad about them.
I have a soft top ( stock sunrider ) and think about stuff getting stolen. I either leave it home or out of sight. Currently I have a bikini top on and I don't park anywhere I can't see it. Or I just drive something else.

Back