Does anyone make a complete SOA kit?

Craig

I wanna do my SOA lift this summer but I don't have a lot of time to spend on it since I need my jeep to get to and from work. Just wondering if there's any complete SOA kits out there that will include everything I need? Something that has the spring mounts, longer steering linkage, brake line extensions ect. Something that's complete so I have to do as little as possible.

steering linkage can stay stock.. but the pitman arm should be replace in that case... i am not sure of any kits that come with brake lines... i'm sure there IS a kit out there.. but i'm sorry that i can't lead you right to it

nutter

rubicon express makes a good kit and if you want the best price go to mesa4x4.com I was going to do this until my t-case blew up. From what I found they have the best kit. hope this helps Evan

I got an SOA kit from Rubicon Express... was a little pricey but if you don't have time to fab all the perches and mounts its a good buy. The kit came with everything but the shock mounts... but those are only another 20 bucks I think. Go to thier website www.rubiconexpress.com and compare it to the mesa4x4 prices... you may find one cheaper at mesa but I bought from RE cause its the only one I found at the time. Good luck.

Oh and Jeepr89 you may want to check out the general chat forum.

wow. they claim this is a complete kit! all you need is a SYE and cv drivshaft ,k-steering and a dropped pitman arm. :roll: they forgot to mention longer brake lines.lol

No where did I see 'Complete Kit' or 'includes everything needed for a SOA'. Where did you get that? It does say 'all required hardware' but I don't think brake lines fall under 'hardware'.
FullTraction said:
Conversion kit includes front and rear perches reinforced for increased strength, integrated one-piece bump stop limiters, front and rear bottom skid plates and all required hardware.

Conversion kit includes:
4 Bolt-on Spring perches
Axle skid plates
Upper plates with integrated bump stops
Pitman arm
Grade 8 mounting hardware
Optional sway bar disconnects available.

Notes:
Rear CV type drive shaft required. Tailshaft transfer case conversion (SYE)required for Jeep NP231.
Drop pitman arm recommended to minimize bump steer. K-Link steering system recommended when using SPOA kit and factory height leaf springs, or up to 8” of total suspension lift.

Check THESE out for simple brake line lowering.
RE1505-4.jpg

oopps :oops: ..good thing you caught that bounty :lol: guess i read it too quick. the point i was making was that everyone should be aware that there is a heck of alot more invovled in doing a SOA. sorry again bounty.

lol. i got a set of skyjacker stainless steel lines. i wouldnt trust those cause they still incorperate the rubber hoses which are prone to breakage

I had the Skyjacker braided on the ole '88 YJ, good stuff. Never seen too many problems with the stock rubber bands though.

Ok, so here's another question....I already have a dropped pitman arm made for a 4" lift. Will this do or should I get a longer one? What's the largest size they make? I have a lift that's 1 1/2" in the front and 2 1/2" in the rear along with approx. 1" from my Revolver Shackles making a total of 2 1/2" in the front and 3 1/2" in the rear.

You'll want to keep the pitman arm for a 4" drop, don't go any longer. You may need to put a slight bend in the draglink to clear the pass. side leaf spring, but not much. That's all the steering mods you should need.

Are your using the 4" pitman arm with the small lift you have now?

Bounty__Hunter said:
Are your using the 4" pitman arm with the small lift you have now?
Yep, I've had it in here since the day I put my lift in. I thought it would be too long but the guys at the off road shop I deal with said it would be ok. Haven't had any problems with it.

Upgrade

Nope, no bumpsteer, it drives just fine.
I like how easy those bolt on systems look but I don't think it will work with my 8.8" rearend.

Back