did anyone see the jeep the made on the show TRUCKS

ZBTstang

Im not sure if you all get to see the show TRUCKS, kinda like car and driver and all that, they just work on, and teach you stuff about trucks.
Well the other day I only caught the tail end of the show. But they took some teenage with a wrangler X, asked him what he wanted, interviewed his father about it, and than took it from him, supped it to high hell and gave it back to him (start drooling now). The let the kid back in, let him see all the parts they didnt have any more use for(HUGE pile), than showed him his wrangler..... i dont know the exact specs, but it had real nice 35's, new fender flares, winch, suspension, snorkel, safari doors. They basically made it an incredible offroad machine that still handled pretty damn well offroad. I went to the website, and cant find the specs or anything like that for this.....if anyone has it, please let me know.....its something to aspire too.

Did you hear the kid when asked if he ever goes wheelin. "I never have on purpose" I think that's just gonna be a another nice toy for that kid to wax and keep clean. I wish my daddy would pay TNN to build my jeep!!! I liked what they did but Stacey didn't regear that thing talk about luggin with that little 4 banger.

Jeepster05 said:
I liked what they did but Stacey didn't regear that thing talk about luggin with that little 4 banger.
The X has the 4.0L engine. It's possible the jeep came with 3.73 gears which won't be too bad with the 35" tires, much better than 3.07 gears.

35" Pro Comps, 4" Skyjacker long arm kit, Warn winch and bumpers. It was a nice Jeep.
I think that's just gonna be a another nice toy for that kid to wax and keep clean.
I think you're right, it didn't look like he was having to much fun when they took it out. He kept complaining because he got mud on his new Tommy Hilfiger shirt.

I saw all three episodes. They had to redear it, if you saw when they were driving on the street, he was taking a turn and kicked out the rear tires a little.

I thought it was hilarious when they went "off road" at the end and went through the big mud hole and just soaked the kid and his nice rig. You know he was hating that. They didnt regear it, he talked about it but didnt do it.

there is an option to upgrade to the 3.73 from 3.07 on the X model atleast there was on my 5 speed version. i'm pretty sure auto was the same

Are you sure that X had a 4.0 I could swear I heard Stacey make a comment about the 4 banger.

poor jeep will never get used, hey, maybe he will trade me for my civic?

Sully said:
The auto's came with 3.07 gears.3.73 came with manuals.X always has a 6cyl.
Yes, all X models came with the 4.0L engine.

I think you've got the gearing backwards. Most 4.0L manuals came with the 3.07, even when they used the 4.2L engine.
Most autos had 3.55 or 3.73 gears. The late Wranglers all used the 3.73 gears with the 4.0L, auto, and 30" tire package.

Now I've come to find out that no rule is always true when it comes to jeeps. I saw a factory 4.0L TJ the other day that had the 5spd and 3.73 gears, first one I've ever seen and heard of.

The Jeep on 'Trucks' was a 4.0L, and likely had 3.73 gears if it was an auto. I think they would have regeared with anything less than 3.73 gears after installing 35" tires.

I saw the first episode when Tracy was cutting everything off.

Bounty__Hunter said:
I saw a factory 4.0L TJ the other day that had the 5spd and 3.73 gears, first one I've ever seen and heard of.

You can upgrade the gears from 3.07 to 3.73 for free when you order a new jeep. Not too many people know about it, but its there and its free

TARSI

tarsij said:
Bounty__Hunter said:
I saw a factory 4.0L TJ the other day that had the 5spd and 3.73 gears, first one I've ever seen and heard of.

You can upgrade the gears from 3.07 to 3.73 for free when you order a new jeep. Not too many people know about it, but its there and its free

TARSI

Yup, that's exactly what I did. :D But most people just buy off the lot and get what they give you. I did a little more research and ordered exactly what I wanted. Had to wait awhile but it was worth it in the end.

For those who watched the Superbowl. No one posted this?

Bounty__Hunter said:
I think you've got the gearing backwards. Most 4.0L manuals came with the 3.07, even when they used the 4.2L engine.
Most autos had 3.55 or 3.73 gears. The late Wranglers all used the 3.73 gears with the 4.0L, auto, and 30" tire package.

No I dont have them backwards.3.07 gears were on auto 6cyl TJ's.I have never seen a auto TJ with 3.73 gears.3.73 is all I have ever seen on 5spd TJ's.My dad's TJ used to have 3.73 and it's a 5 spd.

Okay, we agree to disagree then, cuz my experience has shown me just the opposite. No problems.

Back