did anyone see the jeep the made on the show TRUCKS

Sorry I got all bent out of shape.Must be a california thing.All the auto's around here are 3.07 and manuals are 3.73.I knew there was 3.55 but not sure if ive seen one.

There must be different gearing options for the different areas of the nation. Obviously someone with a flat landscape would benefit from a set of high gears (Numerically low) while the mountain dwellers would benefit from a lower gear (numerically higher)
My two YJ's were completly identical, same years, same everything except for two options. The color, and the gear. My first YJ was from NH which is very mountainous, it had 3.55:1 (or 3.54:1 whatever) my current YJ was a southern vehicle and has 3.07:1.
This is a theory though, I have no proof that Jeep does this, But I know for a fact that chevrolet does with the 1 ton's

Here in NW Arkansas, most of the 6 cyl. TJs on the lots have stock 3.73 gearing. Even on the Jeep website, Dodge lists 3.73 as a 'standard feature' for this area code. All the 4 bangers are 4.11 too, though that might well be standard everywhere.

TJCommuter said:
Here in NW Arkansas, most of the 6 cyl. TJs on the lots have stock 3.73 gearing. Even on the Jeep website, Dodge lists 3.73 as a 'standard feature' for this area code. All the 4 bangers are 4.11 too, though that might well be standard everywhere.
Depends a lot on the transmission type, tough to lump them all together without mentioning it. Most transmission types have a certain ratio that was standard and sometimes one that's optional.
2.5L 5spd is 4.11 while the 2.5L auto is 3.73 gears, most often.

Back