Denver Colorado Blizzard 2006

Okay, so here are my pics. about 2pm today 12/21.

My back yard, as I open the door, you can see the snow is pushed up to it. We got about 2 feet where I live, but the back yard was up to 3' plus. There are steps leading down to my back yard fyi.
blizzard001-2.jpg

My dog Crackers seems to like the snow. She doesn't know where to pee tho.
blizzard009-2.jpg

A veiw down the snow shoveled walkway from my front door to my Jeep:
blizzard007-2.jpg

Cars on my street, and my Jeep. I actually cleaned off some of the snow from my Wrangler before taking the pic.
blizzard006-2.jpg
blizzard005-2.jpg

More pics of the back yard:
blizzard003-2.jpg
blizzard002-2.jpg

Hope I don't stir anything up BUT...........................................

Weather Bulletin - Colorado

Priceless ... Think about this for a moment
Denver News
This text is from a county emergency manager out in the western
part of Jefferson County after the snowstorm.
WEATHER BULLETIN
Up here, in the Northern Plains, we just recovered from a
Historic event;
may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" ------
with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds
to 90 MPH that
broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded
hundreds of motorists
in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of
communities and
cut power to 10's of thousands.
*FYI:
*George Bush did not come*
*FEMA did nothing.*
*No one howled for the government. *
*No one blamed the government.*
*No one even uttered an expletive on TV.*
*Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.*
*Our Mayor did not blame Bush or anyone else.*
*Our Govern*o*r did not blame Bush or anyone else, either.*
*CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snowstorm.*
*Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.*
*No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.*
*No one looted.*
*Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.*
*Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.*
*No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.*
*No Shaun Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be found.*
*Nope, we just melted the snow for water. Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars. The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask
for a penny.
*Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snowbound families. Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.*
*We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.*
*We put on extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".*
*We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.
Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.*
*In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about
40 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate.*
It does seem that way, at least to me.

Last edited:

Hope I don't stir anything up BUT...........................................;) ;) ;) ;)

Weather Bulletin - Colorado

Priceless ... Think about this for a moment
Denver News
This text is from a county emergency manager out in the western
part of Jefferson County after the snowstorm.
WEATHER BULLETIN
Up here, in the Northern Plains, we just recovered from a
Historic event;
may I even say a "Weather Event" of "Biblical Proportions" ------
with a historic blizzard of up to 44" inches of snow and winds
to 90 MPH that
broke trees in half, knocked down utility poles, stranded
hundreds of motorists
in lethal snow banks, closed ALL roads, isolated scores of
communities and
cut power to 10's of thousands.
*FYI:
*George Bush did not come*
*FEMA did nothing.*
*No one howled for the government. *
*No one blamed the government.*
*No one even uttered an expletive on TV.*
*Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton did not visit.*
*Our Mayor did not blame Bush or anyone else.*
*Our Govern*o*r did not blame Bush or anyone else, either.*
*CNN, ABC, CBS, FOX or NBC did not visit - or report on this category 5 snowstorm.*
*Nobody demanded $2,000 debit cards.*
*No one asked for a FEMA Trailer House.*
*No one looted.*
*Nobody - I mean Nobody demanded the government do something.*
*Nobody expected the government to do anything, either.*
*No Larry King, No Bill O'Rielly, No Oprah, No Chris Mathews and No Geraldo Rivera.*
*No Shaun Penn, No Barbara Striesand, No Hollywood types to be found.*
*Nope, we just melted the snow for water. Sent out caravans of SUV's to pluck people out of snow engulfed cars. The truck drivers pulled people out of snow banks and didn't ask
for a penny.
*Local restaurants made food and the police and fire departments delivered it to the snowbound families. Families took in the stranded people - total strangers.*
*We fired up wood stoves, broke out coal oil lanterns or Coleman lanterns.*
*We put on extra layers of clothes because up here it is "Work or Die".*
*We did not wait for some affirmative action government to get us out of a mess created by being immobilized by a welfare program that trades votes for 'sittin at home' checks.
Even though a Category "5" blizzard of this scale has never fallen this early, we know it can happen and how to deal with it ourselves.*
*In my many travels, I have noticed that once one gets north of about
40 degrees North Latitude, 90% of the world's social problems evaporate.*
It does seem that way, at least to me.

OK, so how many lost everything they had and how many died??????

South of 40 degrees North Latitude,
mud

Apples and oranges.

Typical mentality up here in CO.

People who live in the North deal with blizzards often. And unlike me, usually prepared for them with things, as they noted, like coleman lanterns, heaters, and are able to melt snow for water.

The folks of New Orleans have had 2...maybe 3 hurricanes of note in the last Century. They had no snow to melt, and no drinking water. No power. And the other 2 hurricanes didn't even compare. Many had watch helplessly as their loved ones were swept away by rushing water, a force which dwarfs even the most intense of avalanches. Many people died of exposure, and disease.

How many dead bodies did the blizzard cause to rot and float by your house?

Not to mention, as serious as a blizzard is, 44" of snow compares to Katrina, like a fart to a sandstorm.

I guarantee you, if the folks in that blizzard could experience a storm like Katrina, they'd take 2-3 of those "Biblical" blizzards per year, for the rest of their life, than to have to deal with Katrina once...

Last edited:
Apples and oranges.

Typical mentality up here in CO.

People who live in the North deal with blizzards often. And unlike me, usually prepared for them with things, as they noted, like coleman lanterns, heaters, and are able to melt snow for water.

The folks of New Orleans have had 2...maybe 3 hurricanes of note in the last Century. They had no snow to melt, and no drinking water. No power. And the other 2 hurricanes didn't even compare.

How many dead bodies did the blizzard cause to rot and float by your house?

Not to mention, as serious as a blizzard is, 44" of snow compares to Katrina, like a fart to a sandstorm.

I guarantee you, if the folks in that blizzard could experience a storm like Katrina, they'd take 2-3 of those "Biblical" blizzards per year, for the rest of their life, than to have to deal with Katrina once...

Amen, Ian. You said it well.

That blizzard, albeit a nasty one, was nothing like the devastation those people suffered. I am not saying that some of the actions and reactions in N.O. didn't disturb me but that does not discount in any way the severity of their tragedy.

My sister shoveled out her driveway by herself, then shoveled out part of their yard so her kids could play (it was too deep). In N.O. and the surrounding areas people lost their homes, their jobs, their schools... they had to start over from scratch or leave for good and start over elsewhere... that is of course if they lived through it.

So, when the people north of about 40 degrees North Latitude finish patting themselves on the back maybe they should thank God that they were not so unfortunate as those who lost everything.

That blizzard, albeit a nasty one, was nothing like the devastation those people suffered. I am not saying that some of the actions and reactions in N.O. didn't disturb me but that does not discount in any way the severity of their tragedy.

My sister shoveled out her driveway by herself, then shoveled out part of their yard so her kids could play (it was too deep). In N.O. and the surrounding areas people lost their homes, their jobs, their schools... they had to start over from scratch or leave for good and start over elsewhere... that is of course if they lived through it.

So, when the people north of about 40 degrees North Latitude finish patting themselves on the back maybe they should thank God that they were not so unfortunate as those who lost everything.

Said much better than I!!!

It doesn't matter which side of the mason dixon line your standing on.8)

If you live in a community or area where the prevailing attitude is that the gov't owes you everything from cradle to grave, thats what you tend to expect in times of natural disaster also.
Many times its a mindset passed on from generation to generation.

Being a student of history, I look at the hardships endured by the early fontier settlers and the fact that they had no 800 number to call in time of need. They just made do with what they had. Those were rugged people. Nowadays we get all upset when the hot water goes out.

We're almost all too pampered.:-|

Said much better than I!!!

I agree. Well said, TC.

DAMN IT!!!

It's freaking snowing again.

Add another 4" with no end in site....ARGH...i'm over this already.

you guys get your mind outta the gutter:lol: :lol: :lol:

just what did he mean by that anyway?
:D

My sister said they got another 8" (of SNOW for you perverts) today just outside Denver.

yeah, the national guard was conducting operation feed a cow, throwing hay to all the stranded cows. I wonder if we had been snowed in so much that the govt. would start throwing food to us, with my luck I would probbaly be killed by a falling 5lb brick of govt. cheese.

Back