COOLANT dripping from exhaust.. AGAIN

I sure wish there was a steady pattern to this stupid thing... so I finally got around to flushing out the distilled water, and got some 50/50 prestone back in there.

When it started up after that, it took a little longer for the leak to show up. I'd say around 1-2 minutes of idling. Then after the first couple of drops, the engine started bogging like it was almost going to stall, and then the tail pipe blew out a few water drops and a mist and then the idle returned to normal. It continued to drip until the coolant temp hit around 200 (10 minutes or so) at which point I'm thinking the exhaust is so hot, the water is evaporating before it has a chance to leak out the tail pipe

I let the drops pool up in my hand, and I can't seem to smell the glycol this time like I could before. It's almost like it really is water/condensation... but I can't imagine there being that much condensation EVERY single time the engine runs. Last night I got a system down with a pretty large shop fan and I was cooling that motor down to below 100 in a matter of 45 mins to 1 hour. With only 7% humidity here, and the engine never really cooling off 100%, where could all of this condensation be coming from every time? I know everything drips after sitting over night, but this seems excessive.

And the other thing that has me worried is when the engine bogged, the idle dropped to almost a stall, and then it blew all that water out and went back to normal. WTF is that?

To top it off, I'm losing the ride I'm borrowing tomorrow.. so this badboy's gonna have to see some drive time... real quick.

Holy crap, I just saw those pics. That definitely looks familiar...makes me feel a little better too!

So I guess the only thing that has me kinda worried still is how the engine almost stalled... and then blew all the crap out at once..lol

Back