Computer bypass 2100 changeout

It's probably because now you have more power. Now the brakes feel weaker. Just my oppinion

Pretty sure the linkage is binding. Mine used to do that. Would stick open until I stab the gas then it would drop back down. Wound up modifying the linkage from the weber to work on the Holley. Can you take a picture of how you have the linkage set up?

i am trying to post the vacuum diagram i used to set my carb and distributor up. if this doesn't work, its because i am at work and they block photobucket but, i am going to try.

imagesqtbnANd9GcSGREPuGiil0RrNUc8wfPanRl-1.jpg

what showed up?

I used the original linkage setup and mounted a bracket to the throttle arm and existing linkage pull down. Here's a pic

Attachments

• image-2904346359.jpg
    image-2904346359.jpg
    429.6 KB · Views: 483
Think I got er. I was using both the old throttle return springs. Just put a new one on and there she be. All in her glory.

Attachments

• image-2067062075.jpg
    image-2067062075.jpg
    445.6 KB · Views: 488
  • image-1813775389.jpg
    image-1813775389.jpg
    613.7 KB · Views: 479

no, i am running a holley but i have a motorcraft to put on. i used that diagram, which i believe is for a cj7 with a motorcraft. when i did my nutter bypass and redid my vacuum lines, i had a weber on it.

i wish i could get ot photobucket at work. i used the linkage from the weber on the holley but had to drill a hole in the throttle arm for it to mount

I like how you made that bracket. I think you should have the return spring mounted so it's horizontal. From what I've seen they make a bracket that bolts to the front of the carb. So it pulls the throttle forward. I'll see if I can find a picture.

they do, weber sells one and i think you can get it in the performance section at the local auto parts place.

Here's a picture I borrowed from street2mud.

Attachments

• image-860632220.jpg
    image-860632220.jpg
    131.6 KB · Views: 451
you know what, if you flip that l-bracket over, i bet you can take that other spring off, the one pulling down. the one pulling slightly upwards is holding your throttle open a hair, i bet. if it pulls slightly downwards, by flipping that bracket, i don't think you will need that other spring

superj said:
no, i am running a holley but i have a motorcraft to put on. i used that diagram, which i believe is for a cj7 with a motorcraft. when i did my nutter bypass and redid my vacuum lines, i had a weber on it.

i wish i could get ot photobucket at work. i used the linkage from the weber on the holley but had to drill a hole in the throttle arm for it to mount

I'm running a holley also. Mc-2100 is in the mail. Just was wondering if you had a chance to try out the mc-2100 Offroad. My holley craps out on the steep stuff

no, i haven't i had it on the intake one day for testing and it started right up and was smooth as butter but because of time constraints, i put the holley back on.

Oooh!?! Some disappointment. Took her our for her first real drive and found out quick the new throttle return spring was way to tight. Could barely punch the gas. Put a lighter one on and headed back out. She sputters if you punch it and stalled when I tried to turn around. Got to figure this out.

was it warmed up all the way? if your time is not dead on, it will sputter a little when accelerating if you give it to much gas.

what is your timing set to?

Great question. I got my old light out and will check. Have not done it in years so bear with. She was warm though. Correct me if I'm wrong but since I switched the carb, wouldn't that change timing a bit?

Back