CJ Cruise Control Help

impact5988

I bought my 1985 CJ7 Laredo and the previous owner said the cruise worked. Well, it doesn't... I have repaired every other minor problem with the jeep, except this one. I have power to my cruise control box and the vacuum lines are connected to the canister. The clutch switch seems to be depressed when the pedal is up. Can anyone suggest anything else? I don't know what else I could check. Even though I don't have the need for cruise control very often, it would be nice to have it working, since it was a factory option! Thanks for the help.
image-missing.png

[addsig]

did you try replacing or testing the clutch interlock switch for it? if the switch is stuck in the on position the cruise control will never work because it walways thinks the pedal is down the same type of thing happened to my brake switch in my camry so my brake lights were onand cruise control wouldnt work. I dont know if cj's with cruise control had a clutch interlock who knows seen all sorts of things that were factoryt options but you should be able to find out from someone who also has cruise control wether they have to engage the clutch to start. If they do and you dont then its the switch.

[addsig]

Back