Cj-5 or cj-7

i think the cj5 looks cooler but that just because it has no tail gate and is so short. as far as actually what i would get, a cj7 would be it because of the kids.

i have an 87 wrangler though so i might as well have a cj7. same engine and transmission

heck u can pic up cj-7 up here by me for around 800 ta 4500 but as previously stated most r all rusted out there is one that sits a few miles from me i really like and wish it was in my garage but the guy wants 27,000 for it i own a cj-7 and i have 14000 in to mine it dont take long lol but there are alot of things i would do different personally i like the cj7,s never been a big fan of the cj5 and its impossiable to find a hard top for one around her and i prefer the hard top over a soft top

i was going to make that comment, parts interchangeability between the cj7 and the yj versus no interchangeability with the cj5

As you can see the answer is.....it depends.

How tall are you - CJ5 is tight but can be modified.
How old are you - CJ5 is a PITA to get into and out of if your stiff or round (like me).
How good are you with a wrench - IT'S A JEEP you have to know what you are gettin into....
What are your requirements - CJ7 has more space for everything, better on the highway....but

I Luv my 76 CJ5

If you do decide on a cj5 another smart thing to do is put a tilt column with a smaller steering wheel. I even pushed my column up as much as possible for even more leg room.

image-missing.png

Yeah I think I'm going to go with the 7 as I'll be driving it daily and the longer wheelbase will be a better ride on road and being fairly tall the extra room will be nice.

Back