Can't find insurance

dave123

I have a 1975 CJ5. I've called the major insurance companies, and they don't insure (were talking full coverage) old vehicles.

I called some specialty insurance companies, but they all require a garage. All I have is a car port. I would like to get full coverage.

Does anyone know of a company that insures older vehicles if you don't have a garage?

thanx

I've got Progressive on my Jeep and my 1974 Porsche 914 - they insured it no problem. I fully expect a fight if they ever deem it totaled though.

Are you trying to insure this a a high dollar show Jeep? I'd imagine that if the stated value is something like $5-7000 you shouldn't have a problem finding a place.

I use State Farm and have full road/off-road coverage(jeep recovery) + the jeep is listed as a custom vehicle with 9000$ rider for all the upgrades. With a 1250$ deductible.

Its a bit higher than full min coverage but the rider forces mine and other insurance companies to cover things like my winch, axles, lockers, transmission upgrades (from factory) and roll cage which are some of the things they will not cover without a rider. Custom bumpers, light bars, lift parts, and rims are covered.

And he never asked if it was parked in a garage.

Back