brake bleeding problem

burton

Leaky Differentials

I replaced my calipers on my front brakes and then started to bleed all the brakes. When I got to the front, the extended brake hoses I installed started to leak. The connection is tight w/ the caliper so I dont know why this is happening. Any help would be great

where exactly is it leaking? at the caliper or the other end of the extension?

Check your old brake lines for the copper bushing where the brake line attached to the caliper, it's likely stuck to the brake hose. Remove it and use it between your new lines and the calipers, it will seal up nicely.

Bounty__Hunter said:
Check your old brake lines for the copper bushing where the brake line attached to the caliper, it's likely stuck to the brake hose. Remove it and use it between your new lines and the calipers, it will seal up nicely.

Hmm, thats interesting because my rear started leaking after a brake swap. I guess Im blind. :wink: I should make sure the bushing is in place.

RE: Quick U Joint Question

I always recommend using new copper bushings, they are designed to crush to fit the seat. Once they are used, the old seat marks could cause a leak in the new seat. They are really inexpensive at parts stores

Back