Better Proformance

mstyers

I would like to install a cold air intake in my Jeep Wrangler, 4.0, 6 cylinder. I have looked at the K&N intakes. Would like to gain more HP, better fuel mileage and better tourqe. Any suggestions.

In my experience this alone will not do it. You may see a mpg increase for a little while or until the jeep learns the changes and adjusts for it. I ended up installing an CAI, 2.5 exhaust Banks Monster and headders. Expensive. I got app 2K in and at least 2 yrs payback on the mpg inc based on my avg mi per year.

If your handy there are do it yourself CAI you could search and not add a lot of cost. I wouldn't do the headers again, but I did like the Banks cat back.

For bigger more noticible gains go for a stroker or V8.

JP magazine did a write a year or two ago and they scored well.

I put an AEM on as the first mod. My experience was the effects went away once the PCM learned the change. I'd like to see real comparisons of modifications compairing multiple pre runs to multiple post runs after the mod has been on for a numbre of miles. Not doubting more air in is better but if I had to do it again I'd start with the electric fan conversion first.

Back