Any suggestions to prevent side movement of front axle witho

Craig

I'm looking for any suggestions to prevent side to side movement of my front axle because I'd like to remove my front trac bar. I've tried removing it before and I get way too much side to side movement of my axle because of my revolver shackles. Every time I turn, my steering wheel will be out by at least 1/4 of a turn and my jeep is all over the road so removing it right now is not an option. I've looked into the telescoping trac bars and they're very expensive so I won't be doing that for quite a while. There must be something I can fabricate up myself (besides a telescoping trac bar) that will still allow full travel of my suspension without the trac bar but limit or eliminate side to side movement. Any suggestions??? Thanks.[addsig]

i've got a prototype designed up for the rear... in the course of the next year, I will be testing it out.. on paper, it shows for a great design... i'm trying to see how I can redisign it for the front[addsig]

Leave it on. The only safe way to drive without it is to install a shackle reversal, and those are no good. It can't be limiting your articulation by that much, can it?[addsig]

Leave it on. The only safe way to drive without it is to install a shackle reversal, and those are no good. It can't be limiting your articulation by that much, can it?
It's limiting the articulation on one side of the front by almost 6 inches. The revolver shackle won't fully open because of the trac bar. Looks like I'm eventually going to have to fork out the cash and get a telescoping trac bar.[addsig]

i've got a prototype designed up for the rear... in the course of the next year, I will be testing it out.. on paper, it shows for a great design... i'm trying to see how I can redisign it for the front
Let me know how it works out for you, I'd be interested in knowing what you came up with.[addsig]

Maybe sell the revolvers (to me to put on the rear) and install buggy springs behind the front axle. This will give the droop you want while maintaining a decent onroad ride w/o the panhard bar.[addsig]

No, I think I'll stick with the revolvers and see what I can come up with for the front axle. I'm sure I'll find something after a little looking around. Besides, if I can remember right the revolvers are a little different for the front and back (don't quote me on this).

edited by: Craig, Apr 08, 2003 - 11:21 PM[addsig]

I also have rev.shackles and I really like them. I fabricated a quick disconnect. You will need a large bolt, 1" long thick collar, and a large hitch pin. Take out existing bolt at axle to track bar. Slide new bolt in, put on track bar, slide on collar tight, mark the bolt and collar location. Now take it apart, put in drill press and drill a hole all the way through the collar and bolt. Put it back on your jeep and slide the pin through.. Your styling now. That will be $150.00. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: [addsig]

Back