AMC 20 IS in TJ

FWIW, I've been on this forum since I ordered my TJ from the factory almost 5 years ago (wow, has it really been that long?), and I have asked some really dumb questions on here and everyone has been very patient and helpful and I really appreciate it :).

I have to agree with Jason4x4. I haven't been on this forum for nearly as long but I am always impressed with how friendly and helpful everyone has been. I have received some extremely useful advice here at Jeepz. I tried out some of the other forums and was not pleased with what I saw there.

I am no mechanic nor am I a genius but that doesn't mean that I need to be ridiculed for asking a question or for not having a tricked out Jeep with a blown V-8, 10" of lift and 42" tires.

If someone is interested enough to ask a question I think they deserve, at the very least, a respectful reply. If it seems to be a stupid question then people don't have to respond. That said, everyone does need to be willing to take some poking at from time to time.

One of the things I have truly appreciated about the people of Jeepz is the back and forth about a given part or modification. There is a real discussion about things not just a "this is the way it must be". The older I get the more I realize that there is rarely one "right" way. Usually there are several ways that will work, each with their own pros and cons and a couple of them might fit in with your individual choice.

I babble on too much...my apologies!

Bounty__Hunter said:
I know the difference as I'm currently building 2 custom HP44's. Yes the reverse cut ring and pinion is slightly stronger, and it's a stronger housing, but they still run smallish shafts and ujoints. You can run anything you want and tiptoe around, like say 44" tires on a D30, doesn't make it right for everyone.

Well on this I'm just gonna agree to disagree with you. My best friend has a crawler on a 9 hp44 combo and I've seen what it's capable of and I am also building a hp44. Not trying to argue with you i just don't want this forum to end up like others where every thread ends in a ****ing contest

:coffee: I've been watching this thread for some time now. It's one of the longest I've seen in a while. I hope everything works out for everyone.

Back