Adding a transmission cooler to a stock 96 XJ

I started to add a transmission cooler to the old XJ last year and after installing the cooler and lines I stopped short of connecting the lines to the transmission. Here's what I have now...cooler installed in front of the belt fan and lines.

Can someone remind me...how do I go about attaching these lines to my transmission, to where, and what adapters do I need to make the connection?

Thanks

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

Does your aw4 have in and out places to attach to?

It must. Our 95xj had the fsctory tow package and had a cooler from the factory, i think. Let me google some

Does your radiator have trans lines going to it? If so, you can take thise and route them to your cooler and leave the radiator out of the loop, or attach your cooler on the line from the radiator back to the transmission

Thanks superj. I've decided to splice this into the line leading from the radiator to the transmission. I've seen conflicting information as to which line is the send and which is the return, but luckily one of my lines is leaking so I'll be cutting it and seeing which direction the fluid moves when I replace it here shortly.

Back