a lot of people call us a cult

johnny7point0

Happy Labor Day!! Weekend Plans?

I like to think we are more of a subculture than a cult. The word cult just sounds kinda creepy.

I dunno about a cult,a club of crazy jeep people.......YES
Sully

I'm a guy that likes to drive a Jeep that tries to gain as much information as to how to improve the jeep and my off roading abilities as possible.....simple as that.

Cult According to Websters....

Etymology: French & Latin; French culte, from Latin cultus care, adoration, from colere to cultivate -- more at WHEEL
Date: 1617
1 : formal religious veneration : WORSHIP
2 : a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also : its body of adherents
3 : a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
4 : a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>
5 a : great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially : such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b : a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion.

I dunno, maybe number 5 applies to us.

I have been a part of several subcultures and this is with out a dought a subculture. Truckers are the largest subculture that I have had the chance to be a part of. They have their own lingo and reasons and behavior patterenn. They can speak to each other in a public place and most common folk know not what they are talking about. Jeep folk are much the same way, we to have our own lingo and we do say and act in ways that just freak the general public out a little. I love it and now that tugly is camo and has no shine to her at all they really freak a bit. It is a good thing to be out of the sheep pin and stray from the norm a bit. We are all a little nuts or we would drive something with a little better gas millage and less maintenance. Something with a bit more creature conforts and not so many cold draft and wet spots. Yes we are with out a dought a Subculture. tug

South,

I am insane over your jeep tire cover. I remember seeing that one time, is it over on margaritaville.com? I might have to have one! PHINS UP!

LadyJeepFreak said:
South,

I am insane over your jeep tire cover. I remember seeing that one time, is it over on margaritaville.com? I might have to have one! PHINS UP!

Yeah, you can get it at http://www.margaritavillestore.com/browse.cfm/2,486.html

but...

Cover size is small which includes the following universal tire sizes: P235/75R15, P225/75R15, LT235/15, LT225/16, P215/75R14, LT215/15, 7x17.5, 7.00x15, 6.50x16, 9.15x15, L78x15, F78x15, 9.00x15
Tire Diameter Range: 28.5" x 8".

It won't fit much.

so, who the hell called us a cult???

You know, it's just not the Jeep - it's everything that goes with it: the dirt, mud, sun, freedom, getting away from thoes who tell us we can't. With the Jeep, we can celebrate life just a little more...

Had a poll of somekind on CNN a week or so ago. Said, Jeeps are one of the five most un-cool vehicles in a poll of colledge students.
Saw a guy on TV the other day, in a sixties white Cadillac convertable, dressed like Elvis. Guess it takes all kinds.
Somebody tell Dingus, the Neon was at the top of the un-cool list. LOL

if jeeps are uncool, then it looks as though 1 in every 10 students at our local college is uncool

Probably the people they polled, had pierced nipples and pants showing there plumbers crack. Like Levis, Jeeps have there highs and lows in public oppinion, but seem to always be around.

true jeeper march to their own drum, who gives a shaved, tatood rat's ass what anyone else thinks is cool

most college students who would respond to a poll like that would be thoes tree hugg'in, bunny hump'in facist pig that thinks they have to controll the world for the benefit of their personal fad of the moment, politically correct cause...

they don't know what's important from the hole in their own ass, and that's only because someone else with at B - S - agenda spews crap into their minds

in any case, cool is as cool does...

:twisted: Cult?

College kids are nimroidians, agenda or not. They ain't learnin' em right.

Back