A little unusual

90Xjay

RE: new

I had the family out to Golden Corral tonight for vittles and found this right-side-drive Cherokee. Me thinks it was a 1999 or 2000. There was no passenger seat (not sure if it came that way)
You guys think it was a mail jeep? or was brought back from Europe?
It had California tags...

image-missing.png

image-missing.png

RE: Suspension setup ?

Not sure, but I saw a RHD Cherokee down here once, delivering mail! I didn't even realize they made the XJ in RHD!!! Learn something new every day!

Recently saw some pics of LWB YJ's pictured in Kuwait, was it here or????

Anyway one had a hardtop of the permanent kind and the other was a soft top with bench seats in the back.My understanding was that jeep has ben making custom military vehicles for overseas for ever and a day! If I can find the link I will update this post.

PJ

RE: Suspension setup ?

i think i've seen a cherokee like that in pa on some back road delivering mail or something.

for fun i was looking for tjs online and i found one for like $ 6,000. i got all excited, clicked on the picture and the steering wheel was on the right. i knew there had to be something different about it!

An guy in an import club around here is converting his DelSol to right side drive. I think its a stupid way to spend money, though I will commend the work involved

Sherrif Brody would've been proud!

I grew up with a girl whose family owned an early 70's model Wagoneer with RHD. They brought it over from Germany after inheriting it from a relative there.....I didn't think the Germans drove on the wrong side of the road, though.

Lots of mail vehicles are like that. Out in the country around here, they take all sorts of vehicles, make them RHD, and then go deliver the mail.

Back