A little help please

vajeeper

OK my check engine light came on while I was on my way home from work so, the first thing i done was check all the fluids and all of that good stuff. I checked here to find out whats wrong and got the "key on, off on..." and got codes 12 and 43. I checked the battery cables like it said and they were good, my problem is how do i go about checking the other stuff.

43 Peak primary coil current not achieved with max dwell time
OR
43 Cylinder misfire
43 Problem in power module to logic module interface
[addsig]

How many miles on the plugs and plug wires? There could be a cry for attention going on there from the engin. Tug[addsig]

Get yourswelf a good repair manual. Most of them have a code diagnostics troubleshooter or you can go to AutoZone and have them print you out a ECM code definition, and it shos you exactly what you need to do do diagnose it, the common cause or solution for this code. AutoZone's computer printout is a lot more informative and will help you diagnose it a lot easier. Hope this helps-Al[addsig]

check your plug wires to see if they are all on good... if so... it might be a good time to tune up the ignition system, replace the cap, rotor, wires, and plugs... possibly even the ignition coil[addsig]

Make sure none of the wires have rested
on the engine and melted .... :-O :-D [addsig]

which repair manual do most of you use? i'm pretty much mechanically challenged, but i'm willing to try/learn... only thing is, my favorite mechanic charges me extra to straighten out my messes (grin)...

he flunked me on volkswagen beetle repair...

i get around pretty well on computers, but just can't make the connection when it comes to automechanics... need a good manual....

thanks...[addsig]

Try Alldata. It is a yearly subscription service by Autozone that gives you access to information from the factory service manual. They have alot more info and schematics than a haynes manual. However, I've found having several info sources is the best :-D.

-Nick[addsig]

Back