98 TJ Sport lift options

WesternStar

So I decided to go with the TJ! Love it! The next question is, as a poor student, what is the best way to go when trying to fit a 33 inch tire? I'm pretty sure 33's won't fit stock, so I need a little extra clearance. A suspension lift is pretty exoensive from what I've seen, so I was wondering about using a 2 inch spring spacer. The ability to fit 33's as well as to gain a little beefier look is what I'm going for. Any comments would be great! Thanks!

A 4" suspension lift would be ideal to clear 33's on a TJ.

If you are a poor student, why not just get yourself the 2" Budget boost, a set of 31" mudders, and make some home made swaybar disconects. That's wheelin' 4 less at it's best!

TJ, YJ ? What's the new Wrangler equivialnt to?

You could also go for the 2" coil spacers and 1" body lift. With extended bumpstops you could run 33's.

RE: cj5 hardtop and doors needed

WesternStar said:
So I decided to go with the TJ! Love it! The next question is, as a poor student, what is the best way to go when trying to fit a 33 inch tire? I'm pretty sure 33's won't fit stock, so I need a little extra clearance. A suspension lift is pretty exoensive from what I've seen, so I was wondering about using a 2 inch spring spacer. The ability to fit 33's as well as to gain a little beefier look is what I'm going for. Any comments would be great! Thanks!

Ok first things first
what options does your jeep have 5 spd/auto l4/l6 ?
did you get a base model jeep/ X package/ Sahara / Sport / ?

beretta's right! if you've got the 4banger and wanna run 33's, you might want to consider regearing, too (tough on a "poor student" budget). 'tho I believe there's folks on here runnin' 33's with a 4banger - lotsa stress!

Back