78 cj 5 hard top

78levi

im having a hard time finding a hard top and doors for my 78 cj 5 ... any ideas where to find one :???:

I've seen one on either the Knoxville craigslist or tri-cities can't remember which. I think the guy wanted around $1100 for it, looked good in the pics might have needed a glass or something. This may not be close enough to ya. I've got one but it's kinda rough, matches my Jeep. LOL

as far as I know the CJ5 never had a factory hardtop and full doors, all the steel and aluminum tops were after market which means there are probably less of them out there. IIRC, the CJ7 was the first open top jeep to get a factory hard top and doors with roll up windows in I think 77 or 78.

Yea, mines aftermarket from back in the day and it's fiberglass. I traded a very dear pistol grip pump shotgun for it, but it was worth it. The only thing I don't like about it is it has a sunroof. Gonna fill that this summer.

Yea, mines aftermarket from back in the day and it's fiberglass. I traded a very dear pistol grip pump shotgun for it, but it was worth it. The only thing I don't like about it is it has a sunroof. Gonna fill that this summer.
ive seem some of the acme ones and i like them but i dont ever see any of them for sale?

I don't know if mine's an Acme or not. It has an ID tag on the inside of the driver door thats been painted over, can just make out a number. The latches are a little different than the ones I've seen. Mine has a handle in the center of the rear hatch that works the latch where as the Acme's I've seen have a handle on each side.

A friend of mine just bought a 68 CJ-5 and he's also been looking for a hardtop. I've got a rough CJ-7 top I've donated, were looking at maybe cutting it down and just making the doors to fit the 5.

I've also been looking for a while. I've seen a couple of them floating around, but the owner always wants an arm and a leg for them. There is one cheap in the chicago area that is on a rusted out CJ, i've thought about buying just for the hard top. But everytime one comes up its usually Big Money here.

i found a acme hardtop off a 77 cj5 woo hoo. it came with the hardware but my husband wants to change it out due to the fact of it not being in the best shap . does anyone know where i can find new hardware for it and new window seals?

There is a place that makes nice after market hardtops I bought one really like it the doors and the back hatch lock and it only wieghs 225 lbs. [Rallytops.com] I cannot upload the link I need 5 posts and only have 2 I have a couple of photos if you like.

Yes please. On the pics, I mean. I can't believe you even think you need to ask about something like that. Pics of jeeps around here are in HIGH DEMAND. That's like asking a junkie if he is interested at all in some free drugs, or if he thinks you should just flush em down the toilet.

Or asking a seattle-ite if they want to burn down a coffee stand. OR....well....you get the picture......PICTURE?!? YES PLEASE!!

as far as I know the CJ5 never had a factory hardtop and full doors, all the steel and aluminum tops were after market which means there are probably less of them out there. IIRC, the CJ7 was the first open top jeep to get a factory hard top and doors with roll up windows in I think 77 or 78.

To clarify, I bought a 1981 CJ5 that had a “Jeep” brand metal hard top. It is my understanding that Jeep made them but they were not offered except as a dealer added option.

Attachments

• nnn 003.jpg
    nnn 003.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 8,797
  • puerto rico 2-4-11 236.jpg
    puerto rico 2-4-11 236.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 7,393
  • puerto rico 2-4-11 238.jpg
    puerto rico 2-4-11 238.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3,571
  • puerto rico 2-4-11 237.jpg
    puerto rico 2-4-11 237.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 5,587
  • puerto rico 2-4-11 239.jpg
    puerto rico 2-4-11 239.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,119

there a re two cj5 hardtops with full doors on ebay right now. one set is 400 bucks and is white, the other set is 2k ( wow!!!!!! ) and is white

If ur looking at the one in Allenwood NJ skip that dude, call cj5.com mr diamond got mine off him for 200 an spent 50 re-stripping the glass. Better then 400$ he might ship it too??

Hey I got a 79 CJ5 in Mexico with Factory Metal hardtop and doors. It was original equipment and is listed on the original title from the dealer. I have been looking and have found one other unit on a web search.

im having a hard time finding a hard top and doors for my 78 cj 5 ... any ideas where to find one :???:
I found these on Ebay but your best bet is to go on craigslist it will be cheaper. Im just restoring a 78 cj 7 so will need to get all these parts. I live in AZ and it seems doors and hard tops come up often enough I look everyday just to see what kind of money I have to spend when I do spend it.

YJ 76 95 Jeep CJ 7 8 Full Hard Doors Set Wrangler Turn Handles 78 CJ7 | eBay
CJ7 Hard Top | eBay

Back