73 cj5 brake question

william19

i have a 73 cj5 with four wheel drum brakes, is there any disc brakes off of another vehicle that will fit for fairly cheap ,and easy ?

Hi. I have a 73 cj5 also and traded my front axle out to a scout so now I have disk up front. If your planing on running larger tires and doing some off roading this may be a good option for you because this is a rugged dana 44 axle. I have heard of people adapting disk brakes only from scouts and wagoners. There are also new disk brakes conversion kits you can get for the front and rear. Superb setup if you have the cash! Check out the brake conversion kits below. Good luck

BRAKES - Brake Conversion Kits - HotJeepParts.com

thank you very much for the tip i am definatly going to look into that ... i also was wondering what all needs to be done to do a leaf over

Sure thing. Leaf over axle lifts in my opinion are not the way to go on jeeps. If you keep your jeep mostly off road then this would be the only way I would consider. They may be a cheap and an easy way to get a good size lift capable of big meats like 36" tires under your jeep but I hear they give the jeep a top heavy feeling and are unsafe. I'm sure you can find plenty of discussion online as to the pros and cons to this type of setup. Please do your research and if any guys have there own experience with this setup to prove i'm wrong I'm all ears. My suggestion would be to save your cash and set your jeep up right. If you do i'm sure you will be pleased on and off road! Skyjacker lifts are my favorite. Good luck to you!

Back