$500 to spend...???

I think that you made a wise decision!! I also go wheeling with just my vehicle all the time, and could use a winch as well. Let us know how it works, when the time comes to test it out!!

mujaman, a wise decision that you won't regret. peace of mind is very valuable when you're out there wheelin' it alone. mine, too, is a daily driver and i don't yet want to make all the mods you spoke of either. but, being a jeep, she gets me everywhere i want to go as-is! just a reminder, don't forget the new socks.

and kevin 4x4, sorry 'bout that dude......guess i hit the wrong button. just like to hear more talk about that jeep.

mujaman said:
but i just ordered an M8000 with a roller fairlead and 100' of rope like 10 minutes ago. so i guess thats where the $500 (and some...) went!!! sorry to all of you who suggested that i save it, but i just had to have some fun

No apologies - it was your birthday cash! You asked for suggestions, and that's all they were (well except for a sidetrack of flaming).

I think ya done good!

enjoy it!

Maybe you could post some pics for Those Less fortunate...
This way for anyone else thinking of getting one, you could explain the process of installation.

Next steap is getting stuck to try it out :)

i will definitely post some pics of the installation process... that is, whenever it comes in. depending on where its shipping from, it could be in by this weekend (UPS ground really doesn't take all that long)... but who knows. somebody will have to review with me how to post pics... i tried it once on here a few months ago using sony's imagestation, but for some reason it didn't work or people couldn't see the pictures or something (although i could see them fine when i checked my post). so i'll get some help on that later i guess.

not a problem beer sounds good about Now. On the way home toDAY I went to a place I know to test out my dissconnects.. Just put them on last night and was very impressed.. On the way out of the trail tried anouther angle flex it out bad.. Went slow because of rubbing front flare well had to keep going and when I was done front flare was rip off and bent my fender a little.... :shock: :shock: Whats a cheap easy fix 1 or 2 in body lift....

Whats a cheap easy fix 1 or 2 in body lift....

sawzall!!!!

to mud feet and white smart asses looks to me like yall like to stir up shit. you dam right IM PROUD OF A 12 LIFT(DO YOU HAVE ONE) probally notmy ram is all show which pulls my jeep to the trails which you probaly dont have a truck or a trailor. so my advice SHUT UP NOW TTHATS A JEEP THING WHICH U WOULDNT UNDERSTAND.

wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to drive your "next to stock" jeep to wherever you are going?

wouldn't it be easier and cheaper to drive your "next to stock" jeep to wherever you are going?
Well, I can easily drive my Jeep everywhere I want to go, BUT if I had the option to trailer it to the trail U damb straight I would too!!!! I say more power to anyone STOCK OR NOT to trailer theirs!!! Good insurance policy if U ask me. Something breaks and you are 5 hours from and for some reason cant get it fixed wouldn't U like to have a way to get it home. OR how about if U are 5 hours away and U drove YOUR Jeep there and it breaks and have no way to get it home. But his Jeep is "Next to Stock" as U say!!!! I know Kevin would offer to trailer it and drive his own home. So before U start knocking people for wanting to trailer their Jeep to the trail, think about who U wheel with cuz they may save yer ass sometime. I thought the one thing that made us(JEEP OWNERS) different, is that it is A JEEP THING THEY DON'T UNDERSTAND. I am not goin to start naming names here but quite a few people here need to grow up!!!! If not do all of us real Jeepers a favor and pick a new hobby!!!!! Just so I dont confuse anyone this is my OPINION!!!!!! O and by the way I would kill for the truck that Kevin has!!!!!

Buying a 1987 Wrangler???

Guys, we all need to calm down. Kevin and 03, I'm assuming you all know eachother, but typically the forum here is not like this. Welcome to the board BTW..

I don't get the flaming and why it occured. (But I must admit I was laughing my ass off!!!) Dunno how I missed all this since my last post.

Maybe we all just need to invest in ourselves, live a little and buy 500 bucks worth of fresh, white, new, wonderful, 100% cotton tube socks. It's like walking on clouds. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! :D

image-missing.png

Here is a good source for fulfilling your tube sock needs: http://www.morleyathletics.com/twin_city_white_tube_socks.htm

Back