your little "smart"voice inside your head

black87yj

how many times have you thought to yourself just b4 you do something STUPID that you know better ? but you do it anyway ? like remove the guard off a tool "so it can get in real close to the edge" ????:idea:
well lets just say that i have been in many safety programs and participated in the stop safety group and all that. YET....I'm typing with my middle fingers right now.....the splints come off in another 10 days. :redface: i took the guard off my dewalt grinder and put a 3 1/2 inch carbide saw blade on it. boy did it cut great and right up to the edge of the work too. until i was trimming a hardwoon floor for a new threshhold and caught a nail. I knew i was a little dingy for taking it off the 1st time, and real dumb for not putting it right back the way it belonged , but as it was flipping up in the air through my arms and face i knew just how STUPID it was...2 seconds later i saw that the blade had cut the cord...whew !!! but after it sliced under my index fingernail, my knucle anf my thumb to the bone...the other hand was a little luckier ...thumb and palm. sooooooooooooo when your little "smarter than you" voice says STOP !!!! stop for cryin out loud. that common sense that ma and pa put in your head all them years just might save you a finger or two ! :-|

Don't forget your dang eyes, too!!! Hopefully, you were at least wearin' safety glasses. Our parts are a WHOLE lot harder to replace than our Jeeps parts!!! Man, be CAREFUL!!!!!! LISTEN TO THAT VOICE!!!! Best of luck......hope you heal well!! As they say, "Live and learn"

Holy cow - that sounds horrible! Any permanent damage? That's a tough lesson to learn.

the whole time reading that I was thinking of the cordless grinder I have in my garage - the guard has long since been removed...

The little voice in my head keeps telling me "Don't go to the Darkside". seriously, i hope you get well soon. on the positive note, your quite talented typing with ye'r middle finger, just don't point it to anyone. :)--

Holy Shiite, Batman! At least you didnt cut any extremeties off! Did you?

Back