• FUGLY!!!!!!!!!!

Votes: 8 40.0%
  • I'd give them a whirl.

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • Cool idea, just needs some work.

Votes: 7 35.0%

• Total voters

jeeperwilly

I'm demoing/"cold weather" testing a set of Modern Classic Enterprises Flatty Fenders. I just got the finishing touches done and want some input on them. So far what I have heard is they're ugly. I haven't done much testing on them yet, but needless to say I won't be keeping these.

They cost ruffly $150, cutting is involved, and the company claims they flex without breaking(although no flex testing below 20 F). So tell me what you think, worth the cost, ugly or cool, just give me your 2 cents. It shouldn't be to hard around here.

IMG_0292-1.jpg

IMG_0291-1.jpg

If you're interested on the install I have a write-up over here...
http://www.nsw4x4.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3269[/URL]

I think they look gawd awful, but they're supposed to be very effective. I'm sticking with my stock fenders under they're absolutely thrashed, and then I'm moving onto a Bushwhacker-style flare.

I like them, much better than some I have seen. I just do not like not being able to flex then below 20*F that still seems rather warm to worry about them getting brittle. Not to mention what about snow wheeling.

I say Fugly..What is the purpose of them.They are so short they dont cover the tire at all,may as well just remove the fender and run nothing.

I think they look fine, just need to cover the tires. I hate when I take the long way to work and end up with mud in my lap!.:x

I like them, much better than some I have seen. I just do not like not being able to flex then below 20*F that still seems rather warm to worry about them getting brittle. Not to mention what about snow wheeling.

Its not that they break at 20, I just haven't got them in colder temps yet. The lowest temp I've flexed them in is 20, its just getting to warm out now to for true cold weather testing. I will say they flex fine at that temp and return to shape without any problems. I've also noticed they don't blow up like bushwackers do.

Last edited:
Well, we can't ALL have a Willys. If I had a TJ instead of a 3B, I'ld pop for a set, instant. :shades:

IMO, loose the sissy tires. The upgrades like the bumper and fenders would have a better compliment with a bigger and agressive tires. Then add a recessed L.E.D. on the side of the fender.

They look Nice, for street legality where I live, those would not fly.

For trail durability, I would prefer metal as opposed to plastic, against rocks and trees, just more durable. also you really don't gain anything since the it is still a stock fender, my tires run on the rear fender well before they contact the top of the fender.

if it had a modified inner well and a hi-line version, that would be cool.

I prefer round Tubes versus the squarish look of those.

I'd be interested in the durability. My Tube fenders WILL hold the weight of my Jeep when I flop. I question whether that diagonal joint that looks to be cut/welded from the Flat portion of the fender to the diagonal slant down would hold up to much abuse.

Got a chance to stuff a tire on them before I pull them back off for the stock fenders. Seems like plenty of room. For reference the tires are 33's.

Attachments

• IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    148.8 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    142.6 KB · Views: 183
Last edited by a moderator:

i think they look ok, would prefer steel though ,would get you tickets here as well

Looks more like a flare than a fender...they dont seem to have much of a purpose.
Im not into cutting perfectly good fenders to fit mods like this, but thats just me ( old school.)

Personally, I love that flat fender look. Especially when you add the old round CJ turn signal lights on the front of the TJ grill. If anyone is interested, there's a company called T&T Customs that has a complete fender replacement kit. They have different widths too. They also have rear tub corner replacements also. Though, their fenders are a little more pricey, but just because they're complete replacement pieces.

Personally, I love that flat fender look. Especially when you add the old round CJ turn signal lights on the front of the TJ grill. If anyone is interested, there's a company called T&T Customs that has a complete fender replacement kit. They have different widths too. They also have rear tub corner replacements also. Though, their fenders are a little more pricey, but just because they're complete replacement pieces.

621259364_9jxY4L-1.jpg

My Jeep has TNT Customs (now Treks) Front and rear fenders.

Back