YJ tires

jeepmaster

im gonna be outfitting my beast with some new tires here pretty soon and i wondered what you guys (and girls of course
image-missing.png
) thought i should get as far as mud tires. ive already decided i want some 35X12.50X15 with black american racing wheels or the black rockcrawlers. what brand of tires is the question. i plan on mainly doing mudding and a little dirt trailing (they're kind limited here in cornland) i hear good things about the MT/R's but that was related to rock crawling i think? as i said im mainly lookin for a mud tire and i was thinking something like the BF Goodrich Mud Terrains. I know everyone has their personal favorite, but id like to hear what you think. ~ master [addsig]

What state are you in? How much on the road?

MTR's are not very good in the mud. They don't self clean very well. I have Swamper TSL Radials and like them a lot. The mud traction is unbelievable, they clean mud easily, and are okay on the road. They balance better than bias TSL's and don't develop flat spots when sitting.[addsig]

im in iowa and its gonna be onroad at daily, gotta drive to school you know. what do you think about pro comp mud terrains?[addsig]

also i hear im gonna have to replace the gearing on it. if im runnin 35's with a 6 cylinder. what kinda gearing am i gonna ahve to do on a 93 YJ manual. and waht kinda $$$ am i lookin at? thanks ~ master

[addsig]

I run the 35" MT/r's myself and wished that I had stuck with the Baja Radial claws. clean out much better but you sacrafic a little to road wear. Swampers are good as long as you air them down. not a big fan of having to do that. BFG Muds suck in NYS mud. Pull out all kinds of people with those on. My money I would go with either

Have the money - Mickey Thompson Radial Baja Claws

In between - Yokohama Geolander MT

tight but perform well - Kuhmo MT

Thats just my opinion

ecor

darrin@eastcoastoffroad.com[addsig]

I ask once befor on the board but I will ad this a fodder to the ever popular tires question fire. There is a large group of folk around here running Remington Mud Bruts. I know very little about these tires but they are a bunch on the road. I ask about them local and found they are cheaper than most and look dog gone good. Does anyone here know anything about these?[addsig]

35/12.5/15 BFG mt's is the only way to go. they get a long life and drive great on or off the road 3ply side wall too.[addsig]

Back