XJNick got a new Jeep!

XJNick

Hi,

I just got myself a "new" 1997 TJ Wrangler! It needs a little cosmetic work, but it runs strong! Quick Question: I noticed the front left ball on the end of the sway bar is popped out of the little reciever thing. Is it safe to continue driving it or should I make it a priority to get that put back in???

Anyways, here it is:
frontleft-4.jpg

frontright-4.jpg

I hope to learn as much about my new Jeep as I know about my Cherokee :D. Maybe my screen name should now be TJ-XJNick :p :mrgreen:

90 wagoneer limited back up light problem

I am taking it that the Sway bar "ball" you are talking about is at the bottom of the sway that connects to the Axle? If I am then it should still do it's job, which is, to keep the body from rolling and making it extremely top heavy and causing you to roll the whole Jeep. I would however get it replaced as soon as ya can, before the "little cosmetic" becomes a totaled TJ.

just my .02

Good call Utah
looks like to me..........
Hey XJ.....got any gray pupon ?

Rob 8) :p :)

Some body is loaded here.. he pulls the Roll's out into the street and glides in the TJ....hummm XJNick wanna tell us the truth here ?
Thats the wifes Rolls right ?:)

Looks like time for an after market bumper and some quick discos. Welcome to the darkside. :twisted:

Nope. Not my rolls royce
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
image-missing.png
. My neighbor across the street rents out Rolls and limos for events. He currently has four Rolls Royces 8).

Anyways, here are pictures of that front left linkage I'm talking about:
sway1-4.jpg

sway2-4.jpg

Okay, so looking at the above pics... is it safe to drive it right now?

Thanks,
-Nick :!:

are you a Calm driver?? If so then sure.
are the people that drive the same roads with you calm drivers?? then yes

Are you and the people around you just like Every other driver in the world?? j/k ;)

you should be fine but I would still make that one of the first things to get done.

::edit::
I am thinking that you will need the whole swaybar Links.

That bumper and the sway bar are just good reasons to get real equipment for the jeep. Get a real bumper and disco's and the fact that they need to be done is reason enough for the up grade. hehehehe Tug

Back