XJ lifted...Updated pic on first post!

Junkpile said:
But you'd get more grip aired UP with the 16s. This is his daily driver.

That's sweet looking TC.

Thanks. You have a good point Junkpile. I was doing a "Kerry" on whether to use the 16's on the XJ or the YJ. It is a more street friendly size. Another bennie of the 16" is a much bigger tire size selection.

jeepmaster said:
hmm mingez and XJnick seem to be very similar lol. sorry cant help you w. the coil question... i know nothing

hee hee

Talked to the guy with the MTR's today. Worked out a sweeeeet deal. Will pick them up one night this week, just have to call to set it up, but it's a done deal. 5 Goodyear MTR's never been mounted. 245x75x16 (same as comes stock on the Rubicon). Gave me a heck of a deal.

Now if I can only get the front end straightened out. That trackbar bracket lined up the axle, but caused some hellacious bump steer. Gotta get on it so....

TwistedCopper said:
Talked to the guy with the MTR's today. Worked out a sweeeeet deal. Will pick them up one night this week, just have to call to set it up, but it's a done deal. 5 Goodyear MTR's never been mounted. 245x75x16 (same as comes stock on the Rubicon). Gave me a heck of a deal.

Now if I can only get the front end straightened out. That trackbar bracket lined up the axle, but caused some hellacious bump steer. Gotta get on it so....

Did you checkout the angles and length of your draglink and trackbar?

Yeah, the bars were parallel to each other, but I haven't gotten the front end aligned yet.

The trackbar was really at an angle with the bracket, so I removed it and drilled a new mount a little over a half an inch from the old one as Bounty suggested. The axle is centered nicely, but the DL & TB are not as parallel, but ...

I'm hoping the alignment takes some of the angle out of the drag link. If not, I'll be ordering a pitman arm. I'm also hoping an alignment will help with bumpsteer!

Got the alignment done. Everything is in spec now (caster,camber, and toe). I was thinking I would need some longer control arms, but the stock ones had some adjustment in them so it all came out OK :wink:

Ordered a set of disconnects and I need to get a new stabilizer 'cause I'm picking up the MTR's tonight!

Thanks to White for the tip on the tires!!! You're the man!!!

Going to be putting my stock 15x7 alloy Grizzly wheels (4) up for sale if anyone wants a set. They're in excellent condition. Tires too - 225/75/15 BFG Long Trail.

White said:
Glad it worked out for ya. There going to look nice...

I just picked them up... $450!!!!!!! I usually only hear about deals like that only to find out "They were sold yesterday" hehehe

I hope to get them mounted on my wheels tomorrow :D

Back