XJ lifted...Updated pic on first post!

TwistedCU

A few odds and ends remain, but It's almost there. Did the front Coils, the rear AAL's & shackles, shocks, & transfer case drop (no vibes whatsoever!!!).

Had to drill out and re-tap the driver's side rear top shock mount, the bolts snapped. The other 3 gave me no problems though. Nothing like drilling upward while lying on your back! PITA!

Need to relocate the front trackbar tomorrow, trim the u-bolts, and possibly add coil spacers to the front, as it is sitting noticably lower than the rear :( .

Sorry, the pic was taken after dark, and I rotated the pic and edited the brightness/contrast to make it more visable. It is actually sitting uphill, and the front being lower than the rear isn't as noticeable.

Still not decided on tires yet.
Before:

00Cherokee-1.jpg

After:

Lifted600-2.jpg

I'll take better pics tomorrow after the trackbar bracket and possibly coil spacers have been put on.

Once you get some gear in the back. Maybe a spare tire on the roof the rear may come down. And the aal settle.

Yeah I figure so, but sitting on level ground, it is a lot higher, the pic really doesn't show it though.

Throw that Brady bunch sized family of yours in the back and go ride around til the AAL settles. hahaha

Looks good.

A fine piece of work, Twisted. Will look much better, of course, with the tires. Take a bow!! A job well done........now get some tires and GET IT DIRTY!!!!!

Hi,

After I installed the lift in my Cherokee, it was sitting higher in the back as well. As the springs were under load they came down some so now it is basically level from front to back. :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Hi,

Your XJ is looking quite nice. Give it some time and it will eventually be where you want it. Do not fret my friend. Do as Mud suggested and wheel it a bit.

-Mingez :!:

Looks good TC! Now you just need to paint it poo brown. Oh wait, you dont have a CJ

overhead console

Mine sits the same way, I think it gets better gas miledge because i'm always going down hill. I've been lifted for about 5 months now and it is slowly leveling out. (i'm not to happy about the ad a leafs sagging." But i have lost anything at all really talking the 1/16 inch or so something really tiny.) But if yours is as bad as you say it is, mine doesn't look too bad, and i've got a winch up front so i'm not too worried.

The bottom of the chassis is 2" higher in the rear (measuring between the 2 wheel wells). 2 inches would be alot of sagging for a short AAL. I really won't be able to stand the look. It's jacked up in the rear like a 72 Nova with airshocks and cragars. I'm going to raise the front a bit and if the rear sags too much over time, I'll just order a set of Rusty's springs packs.

I am very happy that I noticed no driveline vibes. After I lifted it I drove it and it was pretty bad. The TC drop did the trick.

The front trackbar bracket I have should re-center the axle, but we'll see what it looks like after the spacers are installed, I may need to get an adjustable trackbar.

Ok, somebody help me out here!!

The stock coil spring isolators, how big are they? I think if I remove them and put in the 2" coil spacers the jeep will be perfect. How much will they reduce the height if taken out? I was hoping .5-.75", which would make the coil spacers boost it 1.5"-1.25".

I posted this in the appropriate forum but I'm doing it today and can't wait for folks to mosey over there...

Thanks[/b]

hmm mingez and XJnick seem to be very similar lol. sorry cant help you w. the coil question... i know nothing

It's more level after I put the coil spacers on, still a little room for sagging in the rear though! pics soon

Now that looks better!!!
Lifted600-2.jpg

The trackbar relocation bracket has the wheels centered under the Jeep (Total LUCK!) and the drag link and track bar are parallel too!

TrackbarRelocBrkt-2.jpg

31's or something near that in on a 16" wheel (the stock are 15's)

looks like I could clear a 32 but if I want to go offroad and disco the swaybar, I think 32's would require some serious trimming, which I really don't want to get into. 31's would be liveable with the stock gears also.

But you'd get more grip aired UP with the 16s. This is his daily driver.

That's sweet looking TC.

Back