won't move....

dizzymac

warn 10,000 lbs winch, custom winch bumper, and onboard air

any ideas...I can't get my transfer case shift lever to move....feels like something has to be released....like when you step on a brake pedal to get a shift lever to move.....any ideas........90' cherokee..auto.

21 Gallon Fuel Tank Skid Plate for 86 CJ 7

Get underneath and look above the transfer case at the shift linkage, look for binding. Maybe spray the linkage pivots with WD40 while somebody moves the shifter.

you might want to try shifting while moving like 1-2MPH.. if the t-case hasn't been used much, it can be hard to shift till it's worn in a bit.... sometimes rolling will get it to shift easier.

you are supposed to go less than 5 miles per hour to shift. also make sur your gearshift is in neutral
then put ur t-case shifter in 4w high, and put ur gearshift in drive

The Jeep manual says that you can "shift on-the-fly while moving at any legal speed" between 2HI and 4HI...

I have shifted from 2HI to 4HI at around 45-50 MPH in both my Jeeps before without any problems.... I'm not saying this is necessarily good thing to do, but when your on a slippery highway you have no choice, and it will engauge...

However, you CAN NOT shift into 4LO unless you are going SLOWER than 2-3 MPH, or you probably will snap crackle and pop in the transfer-case :mrgreen:

-Nick :!:

Back