WMS to WMS

jeeperwilly

For life of me, I can't remember what the width is of a D35 in TJ. I know its somewhere on the net, but I just can't find it. Anyone know?

61"? I could have sworn it was 56" on the axles on my YJ when I was swapping them out. Lets hope Bounty is right for your sake jeeperwilly, I hope I didn't screw anything up, if I'm wrong that is.

Shorten the D60. you will only need one custom shaft.

It's already been shortened, that and I don't have enough money (or proper tools) to buy it and shorten it.

I'm putting a lift in the Jeep in a couple weeks, I'll measure then to find out for sure. Unless I get a definate anwer on here I'll have to wait till then to decide.The guys still has it, and i'm still on the fence as weather I should buy it or not. Here's what it is:

"Guys I am selling my Dana 60 rear from my ZJ it has 4.88 gears and a posi lock. Cant remember if it was a tracklock or a powerlock. It is narrowed to 61"s and has all the RE brackets welded on it. This rear has disk brakes and comes with long stainless steel brake lines. (2 brackets need to be changed for installation in a TJ but it will drop right into a ZJ). It also has a Rockcrusher diff cover that we had zinc plated gold to match the ZJ trim. Rear is in great shape (30 spline) I need $750 out of this rear end. If your looking for a tough rear for your TJ or ZJ here it is."

What do you guys think, $750 to much?

In stock form, the Tj/Yj/Zj all have the same width axles. If he narrowed the D60 to keep the stock track width, your in good shape.

I would find out what differential it has (powrlok, traklok, posilok all mentioned) as that and the gears and labor will determine a lot of what it's worth.

The bracket kit runs $200-$300, and the gears are around $250 including install kit. Then labor to narrow and cost of custom axleshafts. Add the cost of the differential and labor to install all of above, and $750 isn't sounding too bad now.

Somewhere down the line you need to think about upgrading to 35 spline shafts. A 60 isn't worth more than a boat anchor without them. Otherwise you have a 44 with a huge ring gear.

Somewhere down the line you need to think about upgrading to 35 spline shafts. A 60 isn't worth more than a boat anchor without them. Otherwise you have a 44 with a huge ring gear.

Well for now it'll only be turing 33's so I think I should be safe with the 30 splines. When I do move up in size I'll swap the shafts then.

Back