Wish me Luck!

_(OIIIIO)_Jeeper

RE: Engine won

OK..when I was installing the CB, while routing the coax, I noticed I had a seal leaking on the tail of the TC. There was oil splattered on the bottom of the tub. I called the SHOP that installed my lift (and SYE) last August...informed them of the leak and that I had less than 3k miles since the lift....they said.."no problem". So I take it in Monday to get it replaced under "WARRANTY"! :D

Here is where the luck comes in:
While I was talking to the guy I asked him if they ever "horse traded" ... "Sure" he said. I informed him that I had 2 Ramsey 3000# winches NIB that I would like to trade for a bigger winch for the ol' Jeeper. He said bring them along and we would work something out. He said he had a WARN 8000 in stock. Didn't say what model...the 3K I have retail at $467 each on Ramsey website. I hope I can get the winch and a mount for it (my homemade bumper won't house a Full Sized winch). I'm going to take my 4000 I have now and make a mnt plate so I can attach it to my reciever in the back so I can have winch there too if I need it. :wink:

Oh ya here are some pics of the leak:
image-missing.png

image-missing.png

Kinda appears to be leaking thru the joint.....doesn't it?

Hey, good luck with both the repair and the horse-tradin'! Sounds like you'll be comin' home with an 8000# winch!!

RE: Bob Villa-- Jeep Style!!!!!!!!

Was at software training in Hickory. Gonna be gone to Raleigh 3 days next week. It sucks, but if they ever want me to actually work, I'll be WELL trained!

The seal looks okay, the splatter looks like excess grease from the Double Cardan joint.

Will the tires and rims off a 2005 Rubicon fit my on my 95?

hmmm I have not ever greased or anything yet..(less that 3K in it). it is slinging enough that I noticed today that I had oil spots on my spare tire cover and gate. I have no other leaks anywhere else

St. Louis pursuit

Bounty__Hunter said:
The seal looks okay, the splatter looks like excess grease from the Double Cardan joint.

That's what I was thinking too. My old Toy used to do that on the front shaft. First time I was concerned till I took it to the shop and they said that was the problem.

Good luck on the winch, bud! I like that idea of building a plate for the receiver hitch, too. I've seen a couple that were like that before. Good idea!

There is a felt washer that fits over the splines of the output shaft, before the yoke slips on. It's possible they left that out, or it was damaged, allowing ATF to leak past the yoke.

yea thats a possiblity, it seals the yoke down to the mainshaft and wont allow oil to get past it. mines rubber but whichever. i didnt kno what it was at first but upon further inspection the electric company kicked back in and my lightbulb lit up

Back